Author Topic: Stockport  (Read 3712 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Stockport
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 08:04:41 PM »
TonyM…..  Good spot !   I haven’t been to a game this season, which I’m obviously disappointed with.  But I have see several of the players, though not the newer ones.  However, I know what type of players they are, through reading, and other’s comments, and I know the shape of teams that IC seems to prefer.  I don’t think our midfielders are that physical at all, but neither are many of them natural attacking players.  I realise that’s probably due to the money, or lack of, available to our Manager, BUT I’M OFF TO WATCH THE MAN C AND PARIS NIPSTERS !!!!  By the way, I don’t believe there is such a thing as “the physical game”.  It’s always foul play, and is only played by losing teams !!!

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »
Yes......to me feels a little.bit like last season where we were just drifting, waiting for it all to end.

Well we may not have long to wait....win Saturday or that's it.
if it wasn't for covid we would not have got promotion by default.If it wasn't for covid we would not have stayed at this level last season.The whole club the chairman,players,team,staff,volunteers seem to be punching above their weight by at least one or two levels.So why are we surprised where we stand in the league and as a club as a whole.We look like a southern league club off the pitch so why should we look any different on it?
Nikki i don't often disagree but that is being very unkind to Southern League clubs. At the moment on and off the pitch we would struggle in the Thurlow Nunn league and might i say even the Anglian Combination in respect of what i have seen this season.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 09:15:39 PM »
Gordon are you actually being serious?  I’ll take that as an attempt at a wind up. Thurlow Nunn standard indeed. 
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 09:43:29 AM »
Yes! Although we did beat Peterborough Sports who are higher than Thurlow Nunn.
The next 2 home games will confirm if we stand any chance of surviving, which i already think is to late.
SC Bringing in a forward from lower league football i cannot see is going to be the answer to our scoring problems. Hopefully he proves me wrong but to state ex Colchester United when he didn't actually take part in any first team game is an overstatement.
Considering we had one of our own on a contract with a substantially higher goal ratio who was given all of 30 minutes and then discarded cheaply!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal