Author Topic: KING'S LYNN TOWN RESERVES - The future  (Read 9112 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: KING'S LYNN TOWN RESERVES - The future
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:54:15 PM »
Great read Tazzy and a massive well done to all. Good to see the ship now all fully loaded. Tazzy any new locals coming into the Reserves or indeed any departures, or is it a case of very much as we were for next season ?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 06:43:13 PM »
You know as much as me Mallard. I am sure Backie will make some changes and we will have plenty of U18's in the squad. Now we have a link to Football in the Community, King's Lynn Elite, CofWA and all junior football in the area we should see some real talent in the youth set up. Exciting times.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 07:19:19 PM »
Very good news...................So many have given so much since that time when the reserves nearly ceased to exist and it is they who deserve all the credit for building the foundation that enabled this to happen!

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »
Very sensible pricing to watch the Reserves was reciprocated by the fans.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 07:25:23 PM »
One thing I find strange is. With Crowds of 800 plus Buster didn't want anything to do with the Reserves. Now Crowds are around half that figure suddenly he wants them back on board.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 07:28:40 PM »
What's the betting the admission price will increase?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 01:06:01 PM »
Nothing has been agreed yet but I see no reason to change the entrance price, and that is what we will recommend to Setch. Providing we can keep the support we have had over the last two seasons the reserves will continue to be in a very good financial position. £4 is the minimum the league allows and of course there is a possibility that this could increase, we hope not. Please bear in mind that we are well below the average for the league, Downham charge £6, and we have by far the best ground.
Also the funds we have will be used to sponsor the Reserves for the foreseeable future. What profits we make next season will DEFINITELY be used as part of the club budget.
As everyone must be aware by now the club is moving forward at a pace that few if any could have dreamed of. Reserves back in the club, a successful first season for the U18's, an under 16 team being managed by Bully, a ladies team, a full link with Football in the Community and King's Lynn Elite, a full link with the new COfWA set up, the only one in the East of England, which involves the FA, English college FA,Norfolk FA, KES, Lynnsport etc. The Reserves continuing to have local junior football involved in every home game next season. I cannot believe that the 1st team attendances will not increase next season as local people see what's happening at the club. Of course it requires the 1st team to be successful but bigger attendances, more sponsorship etc., bring more funds for Setch. Very exciting times. The new season cannot start soon enough.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 03:11:05 PM »
There is certainly a lot of good stuff going on but my concern is that unless we are able to market the club more effectively or start the season really well, gates will not just automatically increase because of all the positive developments that have been mentioned................?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »
Let's hope the fans stay away attitude doesn't stretch to the Reserves once they are no longer indepentantly run

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »
I am sure that the involvement with the local community, as listed above, will encourage people to start attending 1st team games, it can become the town's football team, not just King's Lynn Town. The work done by Robbie to start involving schools and  junior clubs increased our gates with Dads and sons returning to other games. At evening games once the junior games were over we had Dads, taking the lads home then coming back to watch our game.
The young lads who seemed to have been making a stir with their singing at 1st team games started watching their mates in the U18's, they moved on to the reserves to see their mates play and then to the first team when Dylan made the breakthrough, and they stayed, and they still watched the reserves and the U18's, that's how it works. I expect to see the King's Lynn Elite teams playing games supporting either reserve or 1st team games.
As you rightly say Rod the 1st team have to get results and I have every confidence they will. Everyone moaned when the link with Football in the Community was broken, well now it's back bigger and better than ever. I forgot to mention in my previous post that U18's making good progress are now being loaned out to local senior football teams to help them make the jump to the reserves, rather than sitting on the reserves bench, another link to local football.
We spoke to our supporters Mallard about the return to the club and we had no dissenting voices, even having some who will not watch the 1st team, for their own reasons, saying they will be coming and they are happy to continue helping on match days. Of course as with the 1st team we need to produce results and the type of football and commitment we have been praised for.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 09:33:18 AM »
I hope your faith is rewarded Tazzy.   I also Hope the stay away fans come out in force to support Setch and the first team in their quest for a top 5 place next season.  I really think if Lynn are up there in the top reaches of the League even those who don't come to The Walks because they are not keen on putting money in Buster Chapman's pocket will be thinking  twice about missing out on a possible Lynn promotion season.  Then again Going to the Football of a Saturday Afternoon/Tuesday evening is habit.  Once the habit is broken and people move onto other things it is not always that easy to entice them back.

Tazzy can I ask what plans are being put in place to market the Club to the local fans to try and get them coming back through The Doors of The Club ?  I have read all about the  Club being Involved with the local Youth Community at grassroots level, which is a good start.  Its the older fans who use to make up the gates of 800-1000 just a few short years ago I am more thinking of.  Or have those fans gone forever ?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 11:27:10 AM »
I am sure Setch/Robbie are busily working on retaining the players they want to keep and recruitment of new ones. You can be assured that everything that can be done to encourage new/old supporters will be done. The link with community and college is a pretty good way to start, the club will be in touch with a lot of people and I am sure that will be utilised. All entrance fee money goes to the playing budget. Replica kit will be sold by the club, supplied by Joma and G&G, and all profits will go to the club, a lot different than the last few seasons.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 11:53:04 AM »
I am sure Setch/Robbie are busily working on retaining the players they want to keep and recruitment of new ones. You can be assured that everything that can be done to encourage new/old supporters will be done. The link with community and college is a pretty good way to start, the club will be in touch with a lot of people and I am sure that will be utilised. All entrance fee money goes to the playing budget. Replica kit will be sold by the club, supplied by Joma and G&G, and all profits will go to the club, a lot different than the last few seasons.

so are you saying all the replica kit profits did not go to the club?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »
Correct Marcus, certainly for the time Andy Wilson was selling it.