Author Topic: It's still with us.  (Read 3425 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
It's still with us.
« on: November 24, 2021, 08:09:58 AM »
Southend v Maidenhead game was postponed last night due to a positive Covid case.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: It's still with us.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 08:19:01 AM »
It will still be with us until everyone has had the vacations it’s beyond me why people won’t have the injections,don’t they realise they are not only putting their lives at risk but everyone else’s

KES80

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:34:24 AM »
Are you Boris in disguise MAH :laughcry: :laughcry:

It should never just be about jabs.......simple things like mask wearing have a significant role to.play yet vast numbers can't be bothered, incl the PM.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 08:58:17 AM »
Think they should call halt to season !!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 09:23:59 AM »
Think they should call halt to season !!!

Be careful what you wish for.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 09:34:24 AM »
Kes80 if it was left to me it would be compulsory to have the vaccination

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 09:55:31 AM »
Can’t believe people still turn up in numbers at any football match, unless they are fully vaccinated  AND wearing a mask.  To believe the Johnson mantra of “ It’s up to the individual” is complete madness, in my book, and a carte blanche to the selfish.  Vaccinations essential, but still not guaranteed to protect us, but, agreeing with Kes, masks, in company, would seem to me to be essential.  Not wearing one is either foolishly putting “what you want, (including going to social occasions, like football) before what makes sense, or selfishly deciding you’re not bothered whether you pass it on to the person next to you.  Fully vaccinated, and masked, please, to beat this evil impostor in our lives.  You see questions like “What time are the fireworks ?” - and many of us wonder, well, just wonder !!……

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 10:10:11 AM »
Kes80 if it was left to me it would be compulsory to have the vaccination

Malc I think you have enough on your plate as Chair of FOTL.  Get that sorted first.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »
I was at Chelsea last night, you still have to show your NHS Covid pass to get in, why is it not done at Lynn? Just as a matter of interest I paid £17.50p for my senior seat, I shall be paying more at Lynn on Saturday.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 12:02:08 PM »
Two good points, MacF…..

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 12:09:45 PM »
It will still be with us until everyone has had the vacations it’s beyond me why people won’t have the injections,don’t they realise they are not only putting their lives at risk but everyone else’s

I won't be having a vacation until about May next year,luckily I have been vaccinated so I can go. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 01:25:09 PM »

Malcolm, the problem is that some people take parts of the guidelines and previous compulsory precautions that they like the sound of, or don't put them to any inconvenience, and abide by them.

On the other hand, the guidelines and previous compulsory precaution that they don't like or that they disagree with, or stops them doing something that they enjoy doing such as going to football matches during lock down, they just ignore for their own selfish reasons.

I think that everyone should be vaccinated but am still of the opinion that it should not be made compulsory. We don't live in that kind of Authoritarian state (yet).

I can't see why people should or would object to a Covid passport. If they haven't been vaccinated, imho they should not be allowed to mix with other people in public places. This way, as a Country, we still maintain the rights of the individual who choose not to vaccinated, but also protect others who have been vaccinated, against coming into contact with those that haven't.

Although at the moment I don't agree with compulsory vaccinations, I wouldn't be against the idea of a lock down for those who choose not to be vaccinated. It would then be their choice to either stay at home or to get vaccinated. Either way, they would not then be putting the majority of the population in danger.

Looking at Europe, I do fear that we could get hit hard again this winter.   :dontknow:

BBC:

Poland is warning that restrictions could be reintroduced if infection rates don't start to fall
The 28,380 new infections there in the last 24 hours is a 17% increase from cases reported a week ago.

It comes as the World Health Organization says a further 700,000 people could die of Covid by March in Europe and parts of Asia.

Some 1.5 million Covid deaths have already been recorded in the WHO's Europe region of 53 countries.

The EU's public health agency says European countries should consider vaccine boosters for all adults.

The danger of a future UK pandemic is as serious as threats to the UK's defences, an ex-vaccines tsar says.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »
This is a long read, but worth it imho. The first signs and warnings of some serious restrictions being in place over Christmas and into the new year. Its quiet clear that the new super variant is giving the Govt. some major concerns.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/fears-for-xmas-as-experts-warn-new-variant-could-already-be-here/ar-AAR9SF0?ocid=UP97DHP&li=BBoPWjQ

KES80

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2021, 01:04:19 PM »
Yes a concern and important people are aware.

Btw, the editor of that article wouldn't last very long on " Just a Minute "................ REPETITION :laughcry:

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 02:18:58 PM »

Looking at Europe, I do fear that we could get hit hard again this winter.   :dontknow:

Looking at Europe is a distraction from looking at the UK.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths
Make every day a Sun day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal