Author Topic: Incoming  (Read 1800 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Incoming
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2021, 02:23:46 PM »
Everyone has been banging on about us needing a new striker ( or two).  So let’s give the lad a chance.

As one of those 'banging on', I am pleased we have someone else in as an option.  Whether he is the 'right' option only time will tell but we really are at the point where we have to try something different and he doesn't seem short on confidence, from KLTFC Twitter - "I look forward to adding some quality into the final third and contributing to the team with some goals', lets hope he gets the chance to show what he can do tomorrow

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 02:31:59 PM »
He'll score goals,  be a hero,  adored by all

The end.
Make every day a Sun day.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 05:16:41 PM »
It seems one poster is using this forum as an axe grinder, for whatever reason. Lets keep it positive. :scarf:

KES80

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 08:18:32 PM »
Good luck Ken Charles.. we're all rooting for you !

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 09:52:11 AM »
I believe people put too much faith in “the striker” AND “the Manager”.  Strikers don’t score many goals in teams that can’t create chances - except in village football.  And managers don’t have a font of knowledge “about football” any more than some Chairmen, or perceptive punters, because there isn’t much to know about the “simple game”.  Some make a lucrative living by talking complicated “tactics” with the help of computer graphics, but give them a team to manage, and they leave quickly, admitting they were “out of their depth”(eg, Gary Neville).  It is more than possible that a perceptive punter, who can see what’s going on in front of him, could manage a team for one game, and beat a full-time pro manager who has been sacked six times, but keeps getting the job, for his “ knowledge “!  So, the Dilly hope for today is that Ken Charles is in a team that can cross the halfway line and create chances, not one with six defenders and three “holders” blocking off their penalty box for 70 minutes, and eventually caving in.  SC just as capable of finding a decent player as IC, IDHO !!!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 11:48:34 AM »
I believe people put too much faith in “the striker” AND “the Manager”.  Strikers don’t score many goals in teams that can’t create chances - except in village football.  And managers don’t have a font of knowledge “about football” any more than some Chairmen, or perceptive punters, because there isn’t much to know about the “simple game”.  Some make a lucrative living by talking complicated “tactics” with the help of computer graphics, but give them a team to manage, and they leave quickly, admitting they were “out of their depth”(eg, Gary Neville).  It is more than possible that a perceptive punter, who can see what’s going on in front of him, could manage a team for one game, and beat a full-time pro manager who has been sacked six times, but keeps getting the job, for his “ knowledge “!  So, the Dilly hope for today is that Ken Charles is in a team that can cross the halfway line and create chances, not one with six defenders and three “holders” blocking off their penalty box for 70 minutes, and eventually caving in.  SC just as capable of finding a decent player as IC, IDHO !!!

Dilly, sorry this is getting silly now and if you aren't going to go and actually watch a game then please don't judge what you haven't seen.  I appreciate you are exaggerating 'for effect' but 3 centre halves, 2 wing backs a holding midfielder is how we have set up for most games this season and that generally hasn't been the problem what has been the issue is that those in front of them haven't been up to NL standard (or at least playing the way IC would like) which has put more pressure on those with the ball in deeper positions.  Fingers crossed that Barrett will look nearer fitness today (I would start him anyway) and that the new lad provides a bit of positive movement in the final third

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 11:49:05 AM »
It seems one poster is using this forum as an axe grinder, for whatever reason. Lets keep it positive. :scarf:

I tend to "Skip" past that person's Posts. I can understand their attitude as I have had similar treatment from a previous employer - however, bring up the bile just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Supporters, not customers, achieve more together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »

I tend to "Skip" past that person's Posts. I can understand their attitude as I have had similar treatment from a previous employer - however, bring up the bile just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Not so sure on that one Mike. Lessons from history and all that, and as you say yourself, attack can be the best form of defence.   :dontknow:

Ignore something and its very possible to miss something important.

Now taking no notice of a post you don't agree with is an entirely different matter.

:scarf:
The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2021, 12:05:43 PM »
Im intrigued!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2021, 12:07:15 PM »
Think all posts are worthy of reading.  Might not agree with it but for balance they deserve consideration.

Also this particular person  has a clear insight into what is happening on a day to day basis at the Club.  He is getting this information from someone(s)

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 12:12:44 PM »
What next...people being cancelled?!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 12:44:12 PM »
“All I am saying….  Is give  (attacking) midfielders a chance “  - together,, …..  (to the tune of …. ,!)!  The. defend in numbers….  Worth a chance ? ….because nothing else has worked ….  COYL…….

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal