Author Topic: Chairman on social media  (Read 2066 times)

KES80

Chairman on social media
« on: November 26, 2021, 08:16:39 PM »
Just been reading SC's Twitter......as usual a large number of negative replies to his latest post.
I don't understand why he keeps it open for football related posts........this could all be done through the club twitter account and avoid him having to fend it all off and deal with some abusive comments also. Makes no sense to me......I don't think many Chairman would post through their own account in this way....to me it just results in unnecessary antagonism and friction.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Chairman on social media
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 09:48:28 PM »
Maybe something in his make up can’t resist it.  I m means had one FA ban for his comments.  He does thread a thin line at times.

About five weeks since his last podcast.  Think he said he was going to do one every two weeks.  The one before had a nine month gap.

Still we have his EDP Column in the morning. That’s always makes for interesting reading.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 07:49:52 AM »

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 08:06:23 AM »
Mall, you beat me to it as I have just read the article and to me I have to say there are plenty of other things SC could be doing than trying to be a part-time analyst - basically picking statistics to suit his argument ie Wealdstone winning games 1-0 means we should keep clean sheets, I don't remember him saying the same in the NLN season when we conceded loads but scored plenty more, likewise he was full of praise of the way the team played then too.  I know he has column inches to fill and I am sure he will defend it by saying he is trying to 'promote' todays game but there are ways of doing that and this didn't seem to be the most well advised route to me 

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 08:21:42 AM »
It's them not me. :cheers:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 08:22:38 AM »
Maybe it’s the cynic in me Tony.  That looks a calculated article aimed at the Manager.  Wealdstone are part time and not conceding.  If we didn’t play out from the back we would not get caught in possession in our defensive third leading to goals conceded. All the set pieces for us haven’t produced every much etc etc.

I’m sure I have got it all wrong, and it’s all about nothing and just filling column inches.

Curlydaisy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 08:45:55 AM »
Maybe it’s the cynic in me Tony.  That looks a calculated article aimed at the Manager.  Wealdstone are part time and not conceding.  If we didn’t play out from the back we would not get in possession in our defensive third leading to goals conceded. All the set pieces for us haven’t produced every much etc etc.

I’m sure I have got it all wrong, and it’s all about nothing and just filling column inches.

I think you’re right. I think it’s directed at the Manager and I think SC would love nothing more than to find a reason to get rid of IC. The only thing stopping him right now is the hefty payoff

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 09:02:51 AM »
I think he was making a point that we could have produced same if we had remained part time.

KES80

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 09:21:41 AM »
Thanks for posting that link Mall........ that's the most clarity we have had on what's going on behind the scenes all season. When a Chairman uses his column in the local paper to analyse the team and suggest where the manager could improve things, then we know where things stand.
If there is no substantial cash to throw at things, then I personally believe we should have changed the way we play out from the back at certain stages in matches half a dozen games ago........we do have to make the most of what we have.....we can't afford to be idealistic at this point in time.
Does sound to me like SC would like a change of style, but IC doesn't want to change it........so I also think SC would probably change the manager if the cash was there.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 09:30:28 AM »
Bizarre.

Will the Club even bother to employ a Manager next season? Think of the savings. Combined with going part time again and recent lower cost signings, the Clubs balance sheet could be on the road to recovery.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 09:33:46 AM »
He has a point to be fair. Playing out from the back is high risk, and low reward in our case.

KES80

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »
Bizarre.

Will the Club even bother to employ a Manager next season? Think of the savings. Combined with going part time again and recent lower cost signings, the Clubs balance sheet could be on the road to recovery.

...no need for scouts or a Director of Football .......if someone comes in with a decent offer of a role to IC, then I can't help thinking he will be off....but will they ?.........things may rumble on for a bit longer yet... . today's result  and any fall out could be pivotal

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 10:33:46 AM »
Seems it is a case of who breaks cover first.  How long is IC contracted for ?    Didn’t the Club have to pay up Clark’s contract when he was shown the door?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 10:53:45 AM »
Surely this cannot continue for much longer? If the chairman wants us to play a more pragmatic style of football....get Setch back!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2021, 11:13:54 AM »
Setch is doing a spanking job at Bedford who have ambitions to get to Step two.  Seems like he is building something there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal