Author Topic: Chairman on social media  (Read 924 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Chairman on social media
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 11:25:16 AM »
Rod, if Setch is in the frame then we may well be playing Heacham earlier than even Gordon could hope for (edit Mall, we obviously have different memories of the Setch era and whatever he is doing at Bedford that is the same level as Dereham, who are also 2nd in their division so would Gusterson also be an option on that criteria?)

Aside from the attack on IC, the article completely fails to mention the Crouch report, appreciate he might not agree with all of it's 47 recommendations but surely that would have been a better topic prior to our biggest game of the season? 

KES80

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 11:27:15 AM »
Wonder what the Peterborough Sports' Manager's views are of events ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • All give some. Some give all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 11:35:36 AM »
Bizarre.

Will the Club even bother to employ a Manager next season? Think of the savings. Combined with going part time again and recent lower cost signings, the Clubs balance sheet could be on the road to recovery.

...no need for scouts or a Director of Football .......if someone comes in with a decent offer of a role to IC, then I can't help thinking he will be off....but will they ?.........things may rumble on for a bit longer yet... . today's result  and any fall out could be pivotal

I suppose that depends what's meant by "a decent offer". I'd be surprised if a bigger or higher position Club would come in for him now. A couple of seasons ago maybe, but imho that boat has well and truly sailed. Like lots of things in life, its a case of getting out when you are on top. He'll always be able to pick up a job but where and at what level is the question. When he left last time, after taking us to play offs, I think him going to Grantham rather than a bigger club showed a lot.

Continue the search for a lost way of life.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • All give some. Some give all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2021, 11:39:35 AM »
Wonder what the Peterborough Sports' Manager's views are of events ?

Isn't their manager also a major shareholder in the Club?

If we are step 2 and part time again next season, how about a joint coach/manager team of Webb and Gash.

2nd question. Does anyone think Cleeve would appoint himself as Lynn's manager, even if its only on an interim basis?
Continue the search for a lost way of life.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 12:05:44 PM »
Tone I think Setch did a decent job at steps 5 and then 4, with a good budget for those levels.   I canít see him being an option coming back to Lynn.  I canít see either party being interested in revisiting that arrangement.

B&G. I could see SC having a little dabble at the helm.  I remember the guy who owned Billericay did it for a while.   Donít think that ended well.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 12:09:21 PM »
Rod, if Setch is in the frame then we may well be playing Heacham earlier than even Gordon could hope for (edit Mall, we obviously have different memories of the Setch era and whatever he is doing at Bedford that is the same level as Dereham, who are also 2nd in their division so would Gusterson also be an option on that criteria?)

Aside from the attack on IC, the article completely fails to mention the Crouch report, appreciate he might not agree with all of it's 47 recommendations but surely that would have been a better topic prior to our biggest game of the season?

Tony, nothing more than a slightly tongue in cheek observation?!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal