Author Topic: The next 48 hours  (Read 2555 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: The next 48 hours
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 07:57:35 PM »
Sounds very much like he is going to go.   Whichever way you look at it this season just hasn’t worked. The rebuilt was average at best.    He will go down as the top Manager the Club has had.

If he does go then thanks for the memories Ian. 
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 08:02:36 PM »
Negative tones at last, but 5 weeks to late....will always remember the "we was "

KES80

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 08:04:00 PM »
Sounds to me like he's still searching for answers.........which means he's still interested.

However, if after his reflection, he sees the only way forward is to recruit better forwards then..........

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 08:17:02 PM »

Sounds very much like he is going to go.   Whichever way you look at it this season just hasn’t worked. The rebuilt was average at best.    He will go down as the top Manager the Club has had.

If he does go then thanks for the memories Ian.

Sounds to me like he's still searching for answers.........which means he's still interested.

However, if after his reflection, he sees the only way forward is to recruit better forwards then..........

I think it sounds more like he's going, or at least would like to go.

A time when a chat with your Chairman would help with the decision, but I would guess if that happened, there would probably only be encouragement to leave.  :dontknow:

KES80

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 08:19:24 PM »
An awful lot can happen in 48 hours.

You can get toTulsa .......and back again for example

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 08:42:58 PM »
Did Gene Manage it either way though ?

KES80

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 08:51:24 PM »
No, he stopped off in a café, met someone new and never went back..........but that's not the point........he could have :laughcry:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 10:04:47 PM »
Can't have been an easy post match interview for IC but thought he got it spot on - "I thought back four played really well and defended really well and midfield battled but going forward we were lacking quality and strength."  The trouble is that it is the story of our season other than individual defensive errors that have had a disproportionate impact due to the lack of anything at the other end, 4 goals in 9 home games tells you all you need to know.

Thought some of the crowd were out of order today, whilst I accept passions run high and everyone was understandably disappointed with the performance, nothing at the club is ready for step 1 and maybe a step backwards will allow the club to build back stronger but that will only really happen if all parties can find a way to work together

As for IC, he is far and away the best manager we have seen at the club but unfortunately the relationship with the owner has never been the best and it seems too much energy has gone into protecting positions rather than getting the right people in place

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 10:20:10 PM »
No, he stopped off in a café, met someone new and never went back.......... :laughcry:

The amount of times that happens............!!!!!!    :laughcry:

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 10:09:46 AM »
Good post as always TonyM.

I sincerely hope IC stays. He as TonyM says is a top manager and despite what Mallard says, I'm sure IC doesn't want to go. Ian would much rather stay and get us two more places up the league table. Now that's not a massive ask, but agree that on current form it would look that way.
I was surprised that our new forward didn't start the game yesterday, but hopefully he will for the next game.
Its a shame that Gold hasn't produced the goals. If it was any other business he would have probably 'left' by now. He clearly isn't good enough and to me, doesn't warrant a place in the team. Maybe he could be a sub in cast Paul Jones got injured.
Survival us still well within our reach, but even with our latest recruit, we need one more forward. Every week we here, it will be another tough game, they're an ex football league side. They're ex, because they weren't good enough at that level, that goes for all of them. Maybe we didn't expect to be at this level so soon and maybe everything isn't set up for it. It's about taking an opportunity, because if we get relegated, would we ever regain our current status. Look, we all knew it would be a challenge, but let's not throw the towel in yet. Hopefully IC will stay and come the end of the season, we are all smiling.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 11:15:11 AM »
John, what makes you think he will want to stay ?  Squad he has is not up to the standard required,  seemingly no budget to bring players in.   So what’s going to change.    I agree IC is a fantastic coach but no matter how good he is he needs something to work with.  SC is talking about needing miracles.  This is the real world we are dealing with.  To continue to do the same things and expect a different result is not the way forward.

We have tried it at this top level and have been found wanting not just off the field this time, but this time on it.  Things have finally caught up with us. 

Maybe SC needs a hard look in the mirror and to see and understand he is not the best person for all the jobs he seems to think he is perfect for.   

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2021, 11:20:21 AM »
I'm afraid IC has become binkered .How many times is Gold substituted its nether him always someone else has he ever thought it might be Gold who is the weakest link.

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2021, 11:42:41 AM »
I think IC is one of the best managers Lynn has ever had. One only has to watch the regular National League games on BT to see the gulf between us and most of the other teams in terms of players, stadium and, no doubt money. IC and SC have got us to a league for which we are not currently geared for. Effectively their efforts have got us to a position much higher than is normal for us. Of course it can all be turned round and there are many examples of clubs of our size going on to much better things and EPL status. I'm not qualified to give an answer, all I can do is wish the club well.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2021, 11:43:24 AM »
Saw Gold's interview prior to the match....He can certsinly talk the talk but?????

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal