Author Topic: HEACHAM.  (Read 4213 times)

KES80

Re: HEACHAM.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2021, 10:43:34 PM »
Fair enough Grissles and I can see that on this particular thread and against postings made by your good self in particular, my "Things are better than........" line  is misplaced..so apologies for that.

(There are other postings on other threads in relation to a similar topic, where it would probably be much more relevant and valid)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 10:50:28 PM »
KES80 We all have to take things in perspective,I will laud Heacham FC for their achievments,and I will advocate that if we have no home game,or no game at all then support a team that supports us! I am not trying to draw support away from the Linnets,merely suggesting an alternative to support.
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

YellowLinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 09:44:24 PM »
Heacham have done fantastic in recent years but they are really not a village team anymore. The players/management are not from the village and the local players were pushed out of the club for their success to happen.

My father has lived in Heacham for years and he won’t down to watch them anymore as he doesn’t recognise anyone. The supporters are all from Lynn and the spirit of village football is no longer there. 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 10:24:38 PM »
Well I went to watch Heasham today and I really shouldn’t have gone I only lasted 20 minutes it was to cold for me

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 11:38:18 PM »
Heacham have done fantastic in recent years but they are really not a village team anymore. The players/management are not from the village and the local players were pushed out of the club for their success to happen.

My father has lived in Heacham for years and he won’t down to watch them anymore as he doesn’t recognise anyone. The supporters are all from Lynn and the spirit of village football is no longer there.

Maybe it's the same for the Towns football club.  :dontknow:

Lost its identity, players not known to any of the regular supporters. You may have hit the nail on the head when it comes to the missing supporters.  :dontknow:

I can't think of any other reason.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2021, 11:51:21 PM »
Should we now be supporting the Pelicans if there's not a home game .?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2021, 01:46:38 AM »

Do they play football? No I don't think they do!
Are we linked to Heacham FC, as they provide our training facilities? Yes they do!
So is it not good PR to promote Heacham home games? Yes it is!
Would you like to promote Pelican home games on here? If yes then just bloody do it!
 :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »
A  reserve side  is needed.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2021, 10:56:25 AM »

If that's what rock you boat, then yes. Nothing wrong with people doing what they enjoy.  :scarf:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2021, 10:58:32 AM »

Maybe it's the same for the Towns football club.  :dontknow:

Lost its identity, players not known to any of the regular supporters. You may have hit the nail on the head when it comes to the missing supporters.  :dontknow:

I can't think of any other reason.
[/quote

A valid point in my opinion. Many, particularly amongst older supporters, felt more of an attachment to the club when there were a few 'local boys' in or around the first team.  To name but two: I enjoyed watching and following the careers of the Defty brothers and more recently i was really hoping that Joe Taylor would be given the chance to establish himself in the senior squad.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2021, 11:19:15 AM »

Are we linked to Heacham FC, as they provide our training facilities? Yes they do!
Would you like to promote Pelican home games on here? If yes then just bloody do it!

Grissles,    back in 1995, i introduced a scheme where Palace and Millwall fans who were season ticket holders, could pop down to Champion Hill to watch The Hamlet at concession rates when their team was away.  An extra 50 people in those days added 25% to the gate! and the hassle I got from regular fans who paid full wack went on for years.

I was criticised for giving hundreds of tickets away to local schools to double the crowd some days.

Yesterday, my other Club only had 100 tickets on sale on the door.  200 had been given out to two local schools and the rest of the 3300 had purchased online.

I'll take the criticism all day long to hear about the long term benefits of doing the right thing. 

You keep banging the drum mate.  If a dozen Lynn fans turn up to support Heacham when Lynn are away,  then that's a good job done as far as I'm concerned. 
Make every day a Sun day.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2021, 11:21:08 AM »
I would put myself in the older age group and I have always supported  the team not individuals.How many local Norwich lads play in Norwich Team but it doesn't stop 27000 supporters attending each game.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2021, 11:29:21 AM »
I would put myself in the older age group and I have always supported  the team not individuals.How many local Norwich lads play in Norwich Team but it doesn't stop 27000 supporters attending each game.

I don't believe  its an "either, or" situation. Just because people enjoy watching/supporting the careers of local lads, does not mean they don't enjoy watching/supporting the team.

Probably more of a case for many that their enjoyment when watching/supporting the team is enhanced when following the careers of local lads.   :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2021, 11:31:14 AM »

Grissles,    back in 1995, i introduced a scheme where Palace and Millwall fans who were season ticket holders, could pop down to Champion Hill to watch The Hamlet at concession rates when their team was away.  An extra 50 people in those days added 25% to the gate! and the hassle I got from regular fans who paid full wack went on for years.

I was criticised for giving hundreds of tickets away to local schools to double the crowd some days.

Yesterday, my other Club only had 100 tickets on sale on the door.  200 had been given out to two local schools and the rest of the 3300 had purchased online.

I'll take the criticism all day long to hear about the long term benefits of doing the right thing. 

You keep banging the drum mate.  If a dozen Lynn fans turn up to support Heacham when Lynn are away,  then that's a good job done as far as I'm concerned.

Kevin, you mean a Club actually at the centre of its community?

Novel idea.......will it ever catch on?

:scarf:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2021, 11:32:10 AM »

Fair point but each to his own. Some will follow success irrespective of who provides it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal