Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 1891 times)

somerset linnet

• View Profile
New Manager
« on: December 10, 2021, 07:52:31 PM »
I see our new manager has been selected Tom Widdrington.  :scarf: :scarf:

Non League

• View Profile
Re: New Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:39:50 PM »
Seems like he was bought in more for his contacts than anything else.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Supporters, not customers, achieve more together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:57:05 PM »
Seems like he was bought in more for his contacts than anything else.

Contacts are obviously good, but how did you arrive at conclusion? I can’t see anything in article that hints at that?
The young people may be able to run faster, but older people know the shortcuts.

KES80

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 09:35:26 PM »
Don't think that's the case

.think he's been brought in for his all round ability, experience, desire and knowledge about the game....plus his contacts. Personally think the  club needs a fresh, no nonsense approach....fingers crossed it works from day one. Will go for 3-1 to The Linnets tomorrow. :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 09:38:26 PM »
Wondering who’ll be in charge tomorrow. Has the new guy been here all week and been involved in training, if only to a small degree?

Bastock no longer no.2. Will this be his last game or has he already gone?
The young people may be able to run faster, but older people know the shortcuts.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 09:55:59 PM »
Just watching the video seems Bastock is not in charge tomorrow after all and has decided to move on All amicable too by the sound of  it

KES80

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 09:59:16 PM »
Wondering who’ll be in charge tomorrow. Has the new guy been here all week and been involved in training, if only to a small degree?

TW in charge tomorrow, I believe Bazza has left.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 10:08:27 PM »

TW in charge tomorrow, I believe Bazza has left.

Makes you think he’s been here for a few days then. I can’t believe that a NL Club would allow someone that has no idea of what his players are capable of, to pick a team for such an important game.

Although with all the current injuries, it could be a case of the team picking itself.

Excluding the Academy lads, have we got 11 fit players?

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 10:57:19 PM »
When I read the news of the appointment, my initial reaction was "who the **** is that"!!

Been reading about him and I think he may be a, shall we say, colourful character

But, watched his press conference and after a few minutes, warmed to him and am feeling quite excited for the rest of the season - whatever happens.

In another world, I (we) would have loved everything to have worked out with Ian Culverhouse and there is still a part of me which is sad he is no longer the manager of this club...........but, we are where we are and as I said, I'm looking forward to seeing what Tommy Widdrington can bring to the party and where he (and his recruitment) can take us......

UTFL!!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 10:48:53 AM »
I wish him well. One thing going for him is that he is used to working with colourful characters!

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 10:49:42 AM »
I too warmed to him. He seems assured. All the best to him :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2021, 12:07:38 PM »
Interesting posts since the new manager has been announced. To be honest, whatever he brings to the team over the coming games, we cant perform any worse, as far as results go, than we have so far this season. Very sad to see IC and PB go. Would have really been keen to see them succeed this season. They have done us proud over the last few years. Anyway thats football, results are the only thing that determines success in this game. If we start winning, hopefully  today, then he will be the best thing since sliced bread, if we we lose, then......he wont. Watch this and many other spaces. COYL.

Sam Spade

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »
The new Manager has been reported as saying he will bring 'leadership, integrity and morality' to the club.

Let's hope that fits in well with the Owner's operating philosophy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal