Author Topic: Live Feed  (Read 3396 times)

KES80

Live Feed
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:06:59 PM »
I personally feel that the posts on the live feed crossed the line tonight..

. it's just become a load of cross chat from those that want to be negative and take attention away from the action.

Is it possible Admin/B&G to restrict posts to those that actually relate to the match itself ?

If not I shall just look at alternatives on match day eg football web pages, and avoid those that just use the opportunity of a captive audience to give everyone the benefit of their own, (I have to say ) rather sad agendas

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Live Feed
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 10:41:47 PM »
I personally feel that the posts on the live feed crossed the line tonight..

. it's just become a load of cross chat from those that want to be negative and take attention away from the action.

Is it possible Admin/B&G to restrict posts to those that actually relate to the match itself ?

If not I shall just look at alternatives on match day eg football web pages, and avoid those that just use the opportunity of a captive audience to give everyone the benefit of their own, (I have to say ) rather sad agendas

B&G has no control as to what's posted on the live updates. He has  nothing to do with it in any way, shape or form. His activities are just involved with the forum.

:scarf:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 10:44:49 PM »
Couldn't agree more KES but I guess it just is what it is, at least I don't have to read it for home games and tend to skim over much of it for away games.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 10:54:55 AM »
Anonymity can make some very brave and opinionated?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 12:06:39 PM »
I made a surprise appearance on there again last night,but forgot the s on the end of my name. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 01:01:10 PM »
I made a surprise appearance on there again last night,but forgot the s on the end of my name. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

That don't matter..................it's still all your fault!   :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 04:07:19 PM »

That don't matter..................it's still all your fault!   :laughcry:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 05:48:16 PM »
The negative posts are of course acceptable, after all the situation is just that, very negative.

KES80

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 07:04:15 PM »
The negative posts are of course acceptable, after all the situation is just that, very negative.

Merry Christmas !

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 09:07:15 PM »
Much Ado About Nothing!

KES80

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 10:20:55 PM »
Much Ado About Nothing!

Which in the play from which it's taken translates to something akin to "Much resulting from idle gossip", pretty apt really, as I am sure you are aware to have quoted it ,in that manner, with the "caps".

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2021, 11:39:10 PM »
Much Ado About Nothing!

Which in the play from which it's taken translates to something akin to "Much resulting from idle gossip", pretty apt really, as I am sure you are aware to have quoted it ,in that manner, with the "caps".

Debatable. A lot of fuss over something that is insignificant, is probably a closer translation..   :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2021, 09:38:09 AM »
I can remember a time when both the forum and live feed were filled with lots of banter and p*** taking? :dontknow:

KES80

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »
Much Ado About Nothing!

Debatable. A lot of fuss over something that is insignificant, is probably a closer translation..   :dontknow:

No not really....your interpretation is the way that people often use it these days....but that's not the way it was intended...the whole play centres on a play on words you see.... nothing plays on noting, an old word for gossip, so although you might think it means a lot of fuss over something insignificant, in the play things are turned on their head somewhat, hence much resulting from gossip.......it relates to two relationships and unsurprisingly things become complicated....

KES80

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 02:26:42 PM »
I can remember a time when both the forum and live feed were filled with lots of banter and p*** taking? :dontknow:

Yes, all mainly good natured stuff...last feed was umpteen posts about people's private recollections of Speedway and loads of negative posts against the Chairman and crowd levels......you had to hunt for anything match related.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal