Author Topic: Live Feed  (Read 3398 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Live Feed
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »
Much Ado About Nothing!

Which in the play from which it's taken translates to something akin to "Much resulting from idle gossip", pretty apt really, as I am sure you are aware to have quoted it ,in that manner, with the "caps".

Debatable. A lot of fuss over something that is insignificant, is probably a closer translation..   :dontknow:

No not really....your interpretation is the way that people often use it these days....but that's not the way it was intended...the whole play centres on a play on words you see.... nothing plays on noting, an old word for gossip, so although you might think it means a lot of fuss over something insignificant, in the play things are turned on their head somewhat, hence much resulting from gossip.......it relates to two relationships and unsurprisingly things become complicated....

As I said, debatable.

Rabbit hole, and I ain't going there again.   :laughcry:

One thing though. Of the two interpretations, I would think that "a lot of fuss over something insignificant" is more likely to be what Marcus is referring to.  :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »
Correct B&G.  People can post what they like on the live feed.  All adds to the fun.. People have even been known to post anti Trust comments.   :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021, 05:47:15 PM »
Correct B&G.  People can post what they like on the live feed.  All adds to the fun.. People have even been known to post anti Trust comments.   :laughcry:

How very dare they!! :watching:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

KES80

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2021, 09:58:26 PM »

I can see I will make no progress with this one, and don't feel the need to state my case any further...so will leave you all  to enjoy everything just as it is and as you believe it to be..... :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2021, 11:09:28 PM »

I can see I will make no progress with this one, and don't feel the need to state my case any further...so will leave you all  to enjoy everything just as it is and as you believe it to be..... :laughcry:

Yes, probably the best thing to do.  :laughcry:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2021, 02:06:20 PM »
Bit late on this one, as only come on here about once a week.  BUT - I’ve always called the play … “Big Fuss about Sod All”…. Read it in a satirical book called “My Tory Friends, and Yours” by Stanley Walter Broadhurst, on Amazon….

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal