Author Topic: FA TROPHY....  (Read 3065 times)

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
FA TROPHY....
« on: December 15, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
 Looking forward to this, after sat/Tues  games there is a stark difference
Already,  more togetherness and above all workrate.... Hopefully this game will
Be a chance to flourish and shine.. And who knows a few goals...
Gotta afeeling if selected Barratt could grab some goals 🙏👌
          Cmon you linnets 💙💛

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: FA TROPHY....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 01:54:21 AM »
You where right and he did score another two goals and he hit the crossbar I believe we have got Diamond in Josh

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 06:52:04 AM »
The lad has a quality others don't possess, it's natural and he is definitely the match winner in this team.... Must say first period clunan was outstanding with his workrate and distribution, on a lighter note I have been critical of gold otamayo but...... He had a very decent game in holding up and laying the ball off... And was very unlucky with his shot that hit the bar... But.... He is not a prolific striker by any means.... But credit due well played much better...overall a win and into the next round 👏👏👏

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 07:31:56 AM »
And with those 4 goals in a week Barrett becomes our top goalscorer for the season.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 10:13:48 AM »
A much better all-round performance by the Team. Barrett plays with audacity, exhibiting amazing skills that others could never even dream of doing. Aerial gymnastics coupled with confidence in holding off his shot where others would shoot and hope.

Michael Gyasi worked hard and caused Nantwich's defence a lot of trouble and his run into the Box resulted in being fouled and won the Penalty. I have always advocated taking the ball into the box as it may result in a goal, penalty or ....... nothing. Two out of three can't be bad.

We need to see more of Connor Kurran-Browne as he is only with us for a month on-loan from my favourite team, AFC Bouremouth.
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 01:30:23 PM »
Whilst it was good to get the win on Saturday, I think the game highlighted what we had seen under IC - the defence has the capacity to switch off and concede at any point (almost irrespective of the personne selectedl), Omotoya and Gyasi will show glimpses but are unlikely to worry any NL defence and Barrett could be a real talent but is playing at our level due to his fitness which doesn't seem to be improving at much pace.  We undoubtably deserved to win the game but we really didn't look two steps above them in the pyramid and it wasn't like their keeper needed to have a blinder to keep the score respectable.

Much as TW will be scratching his head about what to do with the defence, the priority for bodies in has to be in the forward positions, K-B looked positive when he was introduced but just can't see where goals are going to come from, we can't rely on Barrett getting a couple every week before he has to be subbed.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 02:11:15 PM »
You have it spot on Tony, we must have forwards who will score, it is as basic as that. Whilst Omotayo worked hard if you are not scoring in 14 or 15 starts then you are in trouble. Our top scorers are all midfield players. I think TW has sussed that bit out and was really frustrated with Omotayo's lack of holding the ball up consistently.

Nice to see a win though and Barrett's all round play

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 02:28:39 PM »
Away to Tonbridge Angels
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 04:41:46 PM »
Tommy has said there will be two or three coming in in January I hope there will be a prolific goal scorer amongst them and I dare say a few will be leaving, I wouldn’t find it hard to guess who they will be

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 06:06:32 PM »
Tommy has said there will be two or three coming in in January I hope there will be a prolific goal scorer amongst them and I dare say a few will be leaving, I wouldn’t find it hard to guess who they will be

Malcolm, I would be amazed if TW manages to bring in a 'prolific goal scorer' at NL level so let's not raise expectations too high, I would just be happy with a couple up front who are capable of causing NL defences problems and can contribute with goals / assists, much as I don't like stats I would imagine our current crop don't feature highly in either column.  I would say 'two or three' would be the bare minimum as you would struggle to make a case for keeping anywhere near half the current squad

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 08:40:15 PM »
Bringing in 3 players is not the real issue.  Bringing in 3 players who are able to do a better job than the players they replace.

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2021, 10:50:26 AM »
That’s true but it wouldn’t be hard to pick 3 to exit IMO

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal