Author Topic: Game off  (Read 4685 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Game off
« on: December 26, 2021, 02:12:05 PM »

Today’s match against @Official_NCFC has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Updates on rearranged game to follow.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Sam Spade

• View Profile
Re: Game off
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 02:24:21 PM »
This may instruct the Owner that if you do not pay the ground care team appropriately, it will end up costing and embarrassing the Club.
Don't be confused by the poser in the picture, wandering around the pitch with a fork.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 02:39:54 PM »
How much did it cost to "improve" that pitch?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 02:42:28 PM »
Seems like the Club was desperate to get this one on.   When are the wages due ( including both Managers) ,?

Is Steve Curtis now back onboard after retiring ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 02:45:11 PM »
How much did it cost to "improve" that pitch?

Including the money Buster spent? Must be a Kings ransom.   :dontknow:

NORFOLKAND LYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
game Off What a shambles
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 02:48:45 PM »
 :bus:

Have had 5 relatives organised so we had all 12 of us just meet at the walk at 1.45, in the bar found out, I've been to the walk and seen games  in worst conditions than the pitch today.

What a shambles, my mates have travelled 3 hours to get to Lynn, why not do the pitch inspections at 10pm  before people leave to get here.

its an embarrassment that the club treat fans like this, no wonder the attendances are so low this season.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 02:56:28 PM »
It's never going to change they need to build stadium outside kings lynn. They could have best groundsman in UK nothing will be any different.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 03:04:32 PM »
It's never going to change they need to build stadium outside kings lynn. They could have best groundsman in UK nothing will be any different.

Fully agree. Shame about losing the history of the ground but its not fit for purpose due to its location.

Some rather nasty comments being put on Supporters Facebook , to which this forum is in no way associated with.  Timing of pitch inspection would not have been down solely to the Club, and even though someone appears to like to think he can walk on water, he can't be held responsible for weather.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 03:13:05 PM »
On the County forum it seems the Magpies Management were the driving force behind this game being pulled.  Can’t think SC is going to be happy with this lose of revenue and having to refund monies.

On the same forum it also stated that we hadn’t paid the Groundsmen for 4 months. How do these people know this stuff ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Sam Spade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »

Be careful what you wish for.   A new stadium may be more 'outside' of King's Lynn than might be expected.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: game Off What a shambles
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2021, 03:36:27 PM »
:bus:

Have had 5 relatives organised so we had all 12 of us just meet at the walk at 1.45, in the bar found out, I've been to the walk and seen games  in worst conditions than the pitch today.

What a shambles, my mates have travelled 3 hours to get to Lynn, why not do the pitch inspections at 10pm  before people leave to get here.

its an embarrassment that the club treat fans like this, no wonder the attendances are so low this season.

Really not down to the club today - ref done an earlier inspection and then had another look at 2pm and must have been the only person who thought it was unplayable (he gets paid either way I guess and an early finish for him today), certainly seen games played in much, much worse conditions.  The club will have missed out on a payday today, will have to repay many Notts fans who won't make the rearranged fixture in January and I guess there are many like the poster above who will have friends / family over for Christmas who also won't be in the area on a Tuesday in January.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 04:01:30 PM »
Could the rearranged game be as soon as Tuesday evening but I suppose no guarantee the pitch would be playable by then

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2021, 04:26:10 PM »

Be careful what you wish for.   A new stadium may be more 'outside' of King's Lynn than might be expected.

I think you’ll find that pie in the sky idea has well and truly been shelved now.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2021, 04:42:09 PM »
What has happened to the ground covers? :dontknow: :shark:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2021, 04:43:46 PM »
A shambles in several respects...Health and safety used in many cases as a cloak of convenience, yet ignored when it should be brought into play...not just in relation to football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal