Author Topic: Chesterfield away  (Read 2003 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Chesterfield away
« on: January 02, 2022, 10:10:54 AM »
 :farmer: :oldman" :scarf: Well, I have been watching the forum and the day after , what I consider to be one of our biggest games in many a year, we have absolutely  zero comments on this forum board. New Year’s Day fixture, not too far away in comparison to some of our other fixtures, very healthy 6.5 k + crowd, league leaders, very impressive new stadium, ex league club, I could go on , but does this show that the people of King’s Lynn, have indeed fallen out of love with KLTFC . I feel in the past we would have seen a lot more activity on the board, but as I write this not 1 solitary post, now the reasons for this is not for me to speculate, I do have my opinions and I am sure many have similar views,but there we will leave it.
 As for yesterday, yes we lost, but losing 1-0 away to the league leaders in front of a very partisan crowd, I believe to be a very good effort from our patched up team, so congratulations to Tommy and the boys, we are seeing a vast improvement in performance at the moment, unfortunately we are still losing too many matches, but the seed of change is visible for all to see. Whether we can persuade people to attend matches again, I have my doubts at this moment, we can and indeed should attract 15/1800 for home matches,but I feel too much damage has been done for a quick return to crowd’s of this size. :scarf: :oldman" :farmer:

Blueboy

• View Profile
Re: Chesterfield away
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 11:10:21 AM »
Probably no comments because there is nothing to moan about in the performance.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 01:08:20 PM »
The same issues will be still in play in coming weeks. Good performance in keeping things tight by large, but so was things for majority of season under Culverhouse. It's the complete lack of punch in final third which will be the ongoing issue.

I really can't see the club being in a good place come summer. Relegation, stuck with players that are not interested, and the dilemma of either remaining full time or going back to part time.

Club is 10 points worse off at this stage than they were last season. For the outlay, that's dreadful.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 01:16:18 PM »
Probably no comments because there is nothing to moan about in the performance.

I totally get that bit BLUEBOY, nothing to moan about because performances are better. However flip the coin, look at it from the other side, as we say performances are better, results still need improvement but nobody on this board seems able to pass on praise where praise is deserved.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 05:12:57 PM »
Yes think you have it correct, but the lack of interest is aligned to off field, rather than the pitch of play. It is a confusing mess, the Notts County incident regarding the pitch of play was locally very embarrassing to all supporters. When a club is struggling on the pitch, the last thing you need is shambolic situation control, predictive expectations failure and general organisation disabilities. Where are the pitch covers?, did we not see the weather radar? If we still have covers (transported to Lynn with such pride) why did we not use these.?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 07:51:47 PM »
Feels like the lack of interest on here is very much indicative of the massive drop in numbers attending at The Walks.   A long time supporter of the Club described it me as it feels like the life and soul has been sucked out of the Club.

The New Manager says he can pull it round and keep us at this level.  Well maybe if he pulls a few results out of the fire it might spark some interest.   Next Saturday looks very pivotal in any plan he has to dig the Club out of the massive hole it finds itself in.

Like others I feel that come the end of the season relegation to NLN Will be the least of our problems.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 09:02:28 AM »
Dazza, I can't comment for others but I didn't post about Chesterfield because I didn't go and only had Radio Norfolk to go on which I gave up with at half time (who is this Steve bloke as he hasn't got a clue).  I am probably one of those who might have expected to increase the 93 to over 200 for this fixture but just didn't see the point, I didn't make the Dover game but Nantwich certainly wasn't a 'vast improvement' in my eyes so, whilst there are promising signs under TW, he has to address the massive mistakes made in the summer recruitment and until there are a number of changes we have no hope, signing a midfielder and a left back are probably not the most pressing areas.

Anyway, my only thoughts about Chesterfield is it's a game that didn't matter but is now out of the way and we didn't get thumped so that is a positive, the games that do matter are coming up in January, unfortunately we are likely to have Notts County and Grimsby adding to the fixture congestion so how we manage Barrett during the month aligned with what new faces TW can bring in will probably go a long way to determining whether we still have anything to play for in February and beyond.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 10:08:01 AM »
Tony, it was never a post about who traveled to Chesterfield, as you say we would generally have taken more, it was a post basically about people in general falling out of love with KLTFC. We as supporters have been through some really good times of recent, but where are we going too end up now we are seemingly pressing the self destruct button, many, many people have chosen not to attend matches for various reasons, they are probably still supporters, but not paying supporters. We need only look at St. Neots and Histon to name just 2 local teams who we seem to be following. They are now playing at there real level, after the boom generally comes the bust, unless you can get the paying customers through the turnstiles, which we seem unable to do.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »
Tony, it was never a post about who traveled to Chesterfield, as you say we would generally have taken more, it was a post basically about people in general falling out of love with KLTFC. We as supporters have been through some really good times of recent, but where are we going too end up now we are seemingly pressing the self destruct button, many, many people have chosen not to attend matches for various reasons, they are probably still supporters, but not paying supporters. We need only look at St. Neots and Histon to name just 2 local teams who we seem to be following. They are now playing at there real level, after the boom generally comes the bust, unless you can get the paying customers through the turnstiles, which we seem unable to do.
good initial post Dazza and 2 the latest one you could add Boston United, Lowestoft, Billericay, AFC Telford, Rushden and Diamonds, Nuneaton etc etc.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 09:25:00 PM »
I seem to recall TW was talking of bringing a new player in today.  Tomorrow now, ?

Hopefully a striker to give the club and the fans a lift.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal