Author Topic: Game off.  (Read 1980 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Game off.
« on: January 08, 2022, 01:47:37 PM »
Just been informed that today's game is off.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

NORFOLKAND LYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Game off.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 02:01:41 PM »
The second week running the game cancelled an hour before kick off, its a disgrace. Why make a decision in the morning, why do they have to wait for the referee to arrive ?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 02:25:23 PM »
Proper amateur stuff this. Calling it now, manager will walk by end of the month because he'll realise quick how bad the set up is.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 02:33:16 PM »
Today Notts County got all the way to Dover and got the game postponed at 1 o'clock. They are lovin' it!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 02:59:35 PM »
The second week running the game cancelled an hour before kick off, its a disgrace. Why make a decision in the morning, why do they have to wait for the referee to arrive ?

Do you want the game called off on Friday  then? 

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 03:23:47 PM »
Just seen the pictures on Twitter and it doesn't look good, certainly a much, much stronger case for an early call off today than was the case on Boxing Day but club doesn't do itself any favours with posts like "covers due to come of at 1pm but early reports are very good" when this was the picture two hours later, not sure we had that much rain this morning did we?

<br /><br />

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 03:29:59 PM »
I thought it was the the referee who has final decision if the game is on or called off..If we had played and lost people would have said the pitch was so bad, it should have been called off.. Catch 22 in my opinion.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 03:31:55 PM »
Big well done to the club and its volunteers for trying to get game on.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 03:33:14 PM »
FCUM got ref to arrive early at 12-30 to inspect pitch . To prevent away team & fans a wasted journey.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2022, 03:47:54 PM »
I wonder how today's players would have coped on what used to be normal playing conditions for this time of year....Sometimes the surface was akin to a.ploughed field.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 03:59:18 PM »
I wonder how today's players would have coped on what used to be normal playing conditions for this time of year....Sometimes the surface was akin to a.ploughed field.

Baseball Ground?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 04:12:37 PM »

Baseball Ground?

Produced a winning team.  :cup2:

In fairness, I think most people in the Chairmans position would have left it to as late as possible, in the hope that it would be possible to play the game. I doubt very much that the Club can continue to pile up these loses as a result of no income being generated, so I do understand his thinking on this one.

Over the years we've all seen games go ahead that probably should not have done, and games called off that could have possibly gone ahead.

............but club doesn't do itself any favours with posts like "covers due to come of at 1pm but early reports are very good" ...........

I didn't see that but yes, probably not the most sensible thing to post.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 04:50:12 PM »
Have to feel for the Chairman on days like this.

Paid out all that money on the pitch in recent years to produce a decent surface and to cope with the rain etc.  Probably taken advice on what needs doing etc.   Only to now getting call offs like the last couple of games.

Refunds to deal with. Match day sponsorship etc lost, Produce that can’t be used, players still needing to be paid and nothing coming in.   Not Tom mention the lost goodwill of fans travelling only to find out it’s another washout.

Honestly who would want to be Stephen Cleeve ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 08:00:44 PM »
[/quote

Same ref as the Notts County game apparently? :dontknow: :dontknow:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal