Author Topic: I want to buy the club  (Read 2751 times)

NORFOLKAND LYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
I want to buy the club
« on: January 08, 2022, 08:26:03 PM »
 My mistake, I was ranting over  mistaken facts however we need
 Gash, Marriot back asap.

kltid

• View Profile
Re: I want to buy the club
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 09:11:48 PM »
Hasn't he managed, between 2009-17, Salisbury City, Hemel Hempstead Town and Eastbourne Borough?
Also in 2009 it was Buster Chapman that took over the club and I'm not sure who SL was!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 09:14:29 PM »
I saw in the local rag interview the chairman moaning about lack of income from low crowds. He was instrumental in getting rid of a great team of last two years and making us fulltime players of failed ex academy boys. He has now employed a manager who has never managed a football team before, he's just an ex pro who has worked on admin, he's just talks the talk.

I'll pay the going rate buy the club and run as a fans co-operative. When the club went bust in 2009, I thought we would get a fans/community run club, myself and a few other local people approached the council, but out of nowhere SL came on the scene. I can see this club going to the wall before the end of this season.

We need Gash, Marriot and Culverhouse back asap.

What is the going rate? 

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 09:34:50 PM »
Think you need to get your facts right about Manager
Plus I think you will find Assistant Manager is a highly qualified coach.Give them a chance can't blame pitch on them.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 10:56:48 PM »
Do you mean the assistant Manager or Mark Hughes the new coach who came in last week.

My understanding is all 3 are full time.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 11:11:36 PM »
Assistant ManagerIsHugo Langton is uafa A coach.dont know who Mark Hughes is.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 09:13:37 AM »
Hughes is also UEFA A coach as well. 

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 09:24:59 AM »
Alot of Mark Hughes about where was he before he came to us.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 09:32:03 AM »
I saw in the local rag interview the chairman moaning about lack of income from low crowds. He was instrumental in getting rid of a great team of last two years and making us fulltime players of failed ex academy boys. He has now employed a manager who has never managed a football team before, he's just an ex pro who has worked on admin, he's just talks the talk.

I'll pay the going rate buy the club and run as a fans co-operative. When the club went bust in 2009, I thought we would get a fans/community run club, myself and a few other local people approached the council, but out of nowhere SL came on the scene. I can see this club going to the wall before the end of this season.

We need Gash, Marriot and Culverhouse back asap.

That’s all history now, I am in no way the no1 supporter of our chairman, but he has made some errors and some he has tried rectifying, to no avail in my eyes, the damage has been done. Whatever way we swing in support or not supporting the chairman, in no way should this be held against our new manager and his coaching team, time’s change and we really need to back the new team and see where they can take us on our limited  budget.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 10:00:18 AM »
You are right Daz,  the fans should give TW every chance.  For sure in interview he talks a bloody good game.   Now let’s see if he can walk the walk.   Two defeats on the road, to top teams  as expected.  Two wins at home to teams sitting lower than us, again as expected.

TW has said players he brings in are coming into play and not sit on the bench.  So the two new lads that have come in this far must have been under achieving for them to have been playing at a lower level.   

I think we will have a much clearer picture come the end of the month what we have in TW.   Ok, that’s a short period of time but games are gonna come thick and fast in Jan.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 08:41:07 PM »
Would it be worth TW having a word with Rob Back and ask him to help out for a couple of weeks or so to bring in a couple of strikers.   Robbie would have a black book full of names.  Got to be worth Tommy taping into that knowledge if he is struggling to find one himself

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 09:23:30 PM »
Would it be worth TW having a word with Rob Back and ask him to help out for a couple of weeks or so to bring in a couple of strikers.   Robbie would have a black book full of names.  Got to be worth Tommy taping into that knowledge if he is struggling to find one himself

Makes sense. We were told Backie was taking s break so have to assume he’ll be back at sometime anyway.

Didn’t Backie find Marriot for us?
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2022, 07:33:04 AM »
Think it was Neil Fryatt.

Fairstead Man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »
Nobody will be buy the club as arguably the club has a negative value.  Few assets with significant debt.  Not only does it have a negative value, if this turns into a supporter owned club, the supporters will have to put in significant cash on a week to week basis to keep the club afloat.  So whether you like the Chairman or not, he's keeping the club afloat and it would be hitting his bank account.  So you can wish the Chairman goes, but be careful what you wish for. 

However, it would be interesting to see if enough fans stumped up the cash to make a serious bid.  You could try to raise the money, set up a GoFundMe but I doubt you were be able to raise enough money to pay off even a couple of percent of what people on this forum claim the debt the club has.  Whilst everyone is an expert on how the club should be run, few will put their money where their mouth is. 

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 11:49:01 PM »

Nobody will be buy the club as arguably the club has a negative value.  Few assets with significant debt.  Not only does it have a negative value, if this turns into a supporter owned club, the supporters will have to put in significant cash on a week to week basis to keep the club afloat.  So whether you like the Chairman or not, he's keeping the club afloat and it would be hitting his bank account.  So you can wish the Chairman goes, but be careful what you wish for. 

However, it would be interesting to see if enough fans stumped up the cash to make a serious bid.  You could try to raise the money, set up a GoFundMe but I doubt you were be able to raise enough money to pay off even a couple of percent of what people on this forum claim the debt the club has.  Whilst everyone is an expert on how the club should be run, few will put their money where their mouth is.
:worship: :worship: :cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal