Author Topic: Stephen Cleeve - Are You a fan Yes/No  (Read 7750 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Cleeve - Are You a fan Yes/No
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 12:02:57 AM »
Surely a small price to pay Gordon for the privilege of sponsoring the Club.  I remember he had three offers on the table at one time.

What did happen to that table? :dontknow:

Was offered a lot of money for it. Someone could see it was a very important table. Used to belong to the Academy, so it's worked its way up to this level. It's now gone onto better things and fulfilling its dreams. Club would have preferred for it to stay but won't stand in any tables way if it wants to progress its career.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 07:04:53 AM »
Last I heard the table had been made redundant through lack of use and had retired to the Countryside where it was being used in a potting shed.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 09:53:45 AM »
Last I heard the table had been made redundant through lack of use and had retired to the Countryside where it was being used in a potting shed.

Two different story’s on this one.

One is that it’s being used as a treatment table in Norwich, the other that it’s in a potting shed in a rehabilitation centre in Swaffham.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 10:01:27 AM »
Or perhaps it was just a figment of someone's imagination?

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 09:10:33 PM »
Think sour grapes would be more fitting
The only sour grapes are from the dodgy wine deals!
Me i am on cloud nine, enjoying my football more than anytime under the current regime.
Here is another fact for you. When we bailed out the club in the October and sponsored both the 1st team and the Reserves  i asked if my and my business partners grandsons could be the mascots for the final 1st team home game of the season. Yes Gordon, how does £150 sound. I immediately turned that down and at the end of the season the 2 boys had a great day mostly thanks to the attention given them by Ian Culverhouse and the players!
MJ when next in Newmarket get your blinkers serviced!

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2022, 03:39:55 PM »
I'm not critical of SC because with clubs of our status and size they inevitably need a strong money man (or woman) at the top. By definition they are likely to be egotistic, opinionated and ,probably, hedonistic.  They put their money in (or guarantee loans) and they want things done their way. We, the supporters, go along for the ride and usually ignore the excesses of the owner's character whilst things are going well. When events take a down turn (as now) all the old annoyances and anger start to resurface. Until the club becomes a 'community owned' entity it will always be thus I feel. I wish I knew how this is done ????

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2022, 03:55:54 PM »
The owners dream, is not necessarily the locals dream  Please discuss.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2022, 04:25:54 PM »

It's certainly not mine. Never was.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2022, 07:42:16 PM »

Isn’t it everyone’s dream to see your team playing at a high level , personally covid has put the  dampner’s on progress etc would just of been nice to consolidate a place before dreaming even bigger  … interesting times between now and first game of next season to come !!  NLS would be my starting point , as much as I believe in the great escape think my tyres getting a slow puncture  :dirtbike:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2022, 08:22:51 PM »
Gap is now 13 points plus goal difference.  Maidenhead won today.

I wonder at what point SC starts preparing the club  for next season.  Or has it already started?

On what we have seen so far, will TW be the right man to lead us?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2022, 10:54:16 PM »
Gap is now 13 points plus goal difference.  Maidenhead won today.

I wonder at what point SC starts preparing the club  for next season.  Or has it already started?

On what we have seen so far, will TW be the right man to lead us?
Agree  5 wins just to get out of the zone we’re looking at 10 wins out of 22 games …
 Yes we’re have a more attacking attitude to our games but I look at our squad with loan players and high earners i wonder how much of a clearance we need and tbh who would you keep ??? Coleman, clunan , 2x Jones , Ross , Kyle , Barrett, for me perhaps 1or2more but can’t remember if they’re here on loan or not 🙄 as for TW I’ll save my judgment until may but so far 7/10

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2022, 10:35:23 PM »

Isn’t it everyone’s dream to see your team playing at a high level ...

Bluboy, I have to say I am with B&G (and Marcus) in that NL isn't my dream, at least not currently with the way it has been achieved - basically gambling with the future of the club with unsustainable financial doping to get us to NL that has meant we were totally unprepared to function at this level with pretty predictable results.  Appreciate there are a range of views on this with plenty willing to 'enjoy the ride and ignore the consequences' but at the last fans forum SC seemed genuinely surprised that there were some there who would be happier building a more sustainable model at step 2 without risking it all chasing a dream which we have seen elsewhere often ends badly

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2022, 11:18:56 PM »

Isn’t it everyone’s dream to see your team playing at a high level ...

Bluboy, I have to say I am with B&G (and Marcus) in that NL isn't my dream, at least not currently with the way it has been achieved - basically gambling with the future of the club with unsustainable financial doping to get us to NL that has meant we were totally unprepared to function at this level with pretty predictable results.  Appreciate there are a range of views on this with plenty willing to 'enjoy the ride and ignore the consequences' but at the last fans forum SC seemed genuinely surprised that there were some there who would be happier building a more sustainable model at step 2 without risking it all chasing a dream which we have seen elsewhere often ends badly
Totally understand where your coming from , my concerns was after the first NL season and no major income for a year was going full time and seeing the core ripped out of the side and then getting players who tbh here for the full time dollar , are we really any better of ?? Then look at the costing of that and now supporting that with only 800/900 fans coming in god knows what mess the books would be in if it wasn’t for  the bigger away followings , like I said should’ve walked before we ran in this league

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2022, 10:30:46 AM »
your dream Marcus UCL Football

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2022, 10:31:47 AM »

another happy in UCL

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal