Author Topic: Southend (21st January)  (Read 4329 times)

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Southend (21st January)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 10:58:30 PM »
It helps currently if you are a Linnets supporter to be a masochist...Rumour has that Gold is going to front a Spandau Ballet tribute band.
he might as well as he can’t front lynn

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 11:02:50 PM »
Is this TRUE (?)
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Westhamlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 11:23:23 PM »
Just returned from match living in Essex Kings Lynn played well and were fully deserving of a point. The penalty was extremely harsh. The players to a man gave there all.Impressed with managers son real hard working honest player . As for Gold he is a real trier might not be the best player in league but never shirks or hides on the pitch

Rootshallbloke

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 08:52:01 AM »
Shrimpers fan here. Your lads certainly worked very hard for each other last night, not least your keeper. He pulled off some pretty special stops, without which we would probably have been out of sight and cruising to 3 points before half time. So what do you lot do? yeah, you scored, and that was definitely not in the script as far as we were concerned. Harry Cardwell was mentioned earlier in this thread and if he can cope with the extra pace of the NL, he will score lots of goals for us, so a good signing. Widdrington has cause to be disappointed as he hit a stormer of a shot second half, but our keeper somehow changed direction in mid air and parried his shot. He could, maybe, do with losing some weight as he gave our crowd the opportunity to have a playful dig at his size. So, to the penalty, was it lucky, maybe, but the ref missed a blatant hand ball from one of your defenders just prior to that so maybe the ref was making amends. This bloody league is a tough one with lots of strong sides and any thoughts we had of cruising have been cruelly crushed and everything has to be earned with hard work. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season.
What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 09:34:28 AM »
Was it not Barrett that hit the shot and not Widler ?

Rootshallbloke

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 09:39:54 AM »
I thought it was your number 10, could be wrong. Whoever it was it was still a good shot and great save.
What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »
Penalty’s given against us or ones not given for us is not really looking at the bigger picture.  We have 11 points are 2nd bottom 4 wins from safety having played more games than our rivals.  So this penalty talk of was it ? Wasn’t it ? is just deflecting away from the dire straights we find ourselves.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 10:32:52 AM »
Penalty’s given against us or ones not given for us is not really looking at the bigger picture.  We have 11 points are 2nd bottom 4 wins from safety having played more games than our rivals.  So this penalty talk of was it ? Wasn’t it ? is just deflecting away from the dire straights we find ourselves.

The reality is that having gone ahead i had absolutely no confidence that we would score again or manage to hang on to our lead.

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 02:36:36 PM »
Most sensible post on here whether it’s a penalty or not in this game or any other don’t change the fact we got no decent striker or can hold onto a lead 3 points lost here another at Bromley where we have led

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2022, 03:16:40 PM »
Most sensible post on here whether it’s a penalty or not in this game or any other don’t change the fact we got no decent striker or can hold onto a lead 3 points lost here another at Bromley where we have led
the big picture is showing that the only success we have had since Cleeve has been here is when he's thrown loads of money at it to buy success.We've not seen any clever management although had lots of b.s.put our way not only by him but the people he has had under him.Now the money isn't being spent reality bites hard.It's going the way lots thought it would.To sign a striker you need real money not fantasy money.Tommy said we haven't got the infrastructure like other clubs in this league.Will Cleeve take notice of him?If so why didnt he take notice of the many supporters who were telling him this since he turned up on our doorstep.
what is it with the obsession of cleeve he’s the chairman owner or whatever he’s thrown money at it his money If players don’t perform it lays at managers feet they train sort tactics pick team not cleeve this manager has brought an extra coach in and 5 players and not one them a striker and we been screaming out for striker for months if I took those 5 wages I’m sure anyone could find a striker ,In all honesty the obsession with cleeve is boring and making people look a bit silly he don’t pick train or do the tactics that’s the manager

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2022, 04:00:54 PM »

Is this the real Loopy. Or this just fantasy. Caught in a landslide. Seriously though is this really the lapdog questioning the master

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2022, 04:05:27 PM »
Jenny,  running with a squad of what 24/25 (?)  3 Full time Manager/Coaches.  Gates of 600/700. That’s throwing money at it.  Badly, I’ll give you that but still throwing money at it.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2022, 04:59:28 PM »
the big picture is showing that the only success we have had since Cleeve has been here is when he's thrown loads of money at it to buy success.We've not seen any clever management although had lots of b.s.put our way not only by him but the people he has had under him.Now the money isn't being spent reality bites hard.It's going the way lots thought it would.To sign a striker you need real money not fantasy money.Tommy said we haven't got the infrastructure like other clubs in this league.Will Cleeve take notice of him?If so why didnt he take notice of the many supporters who were telling him this since he turned up on our doorstep.
what is it with the obsession of cleeve he’s the chairman owner or whatever he’s thrown money at it his money If players don’t perform it lays at managers feet they train sort tactics pick team not cleeve this manager has brought an extra coach in and 5 players and not one them a striker and we been screaming out for striker for months if I took those 5 wages I’m sure anyone could find a striker ,In all honesty the obsession with cleeve is boring and making people look a bit silly he don’t pick train or do the tactics that’s the manager

Loopy. Do you think Cleeve is regretting his choice of Manager already?   :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2022, 05:22:21 PM »
I think Simon Clark had a better points per League games record than this new guy. Then again how can SC hold his hands up and say he’s got that wrong again.?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal