Author Topic: Tommy  (Read 4966 times)

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Tommy
« on: January 29, 2022, 05:20:59 PM »
Clueless no better than culverhouse fans been screaming for a striker for months and months brought his son in 3/4 players a coach no striker results no better pack your bags Tommy you’re clueless we would be no worse off with Setch in charge

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 06:55:02 PM »
In fairness Loopy today we drew the first half and the gap to safety is still 14 points.

Like you I think SC has made another mistake in appointing a Manager.  This one looks another Simon Clark.

However no point in sacking him.  All that will do is give the Club another Manager’s contract to pay up.  Any new guy coming in isn’t going to rescue this mess.   Time to reduce costs and limp to the end of the season.  Hopefully giving SC time to reorganise things on and off the pitch and look to bring in some fresh investment.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 06:58:03 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman" Fresh investment, who in their right mind would invest( throw away) money on the shower of s—t we have assembled at our club over the last 18 months.  :oldman" :farmer:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 07:07:29 PM »
Anyone who considers investing in the current set up will have much more money than sense and in all probability have taken leave of their senses.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 07:10:39 PM »
Ok, investment wasn’t the right term.   Someone with a few 100k on the hip they want rid of

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 07:18:47 PM »
You can end up with a small fortune if you buy a football club........

Over to you Mallard.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 07:21:49 PM »
But only if you start with a large fortune.

Surely there must be a few more Stephen Cleeves ( White Knights) around the corner ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 07:38:00 PM »
Jury still out on Tommy as far as I’m concerned. Silk purse and Sows ear comes to mind.

I think any Manager in Lynn’s situation would find and buy a striker if he had the funds made available to him. Unless he Tommy is making repeated and obvious tactical errors, I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

I think it’s far more likely that the cause of the predicament we are in lies elsewhere, and we are seeing the results of mis-management from the previous couple of seasons. When the business model has appeared to be “spend to win”, and you suddenly stop spending, where we are now is what you get.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 08:40:27 PM »
No one is going to invest in this club with Cleeve's past record.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 10:22:32 PM »
It is not about investment it is about turning a bunch of losers into a bunch of winners? Should be starting with Barrett and Charles,Barretts obvious ability would compliment the speed of Charles,but we still need to bring in a proven goalscorer.26 goals across the season in all competitions is abysmal! :sinking:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 08:51:13 AM »
It is not about investment it is about turning a bunch of losers into a bunch of winners? Should be starting with Barrett and Charles,Barretts obvious ability would compliment the speed of Charles,but we still need to bring in a proven goalscorer.26 goals across the season in all competitions is abysmal! :sinking:
It all seems too little too late now. If we had picked up just a single point since dover then dreaming of a miracle maybe, but since then the gap has just got even wider.

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 12:54:41 PM »
In general terms football is not a good investment.  Only a handful of teams in the Premier League make a profit. How you make any profit in the National leauge premier is just about impossable. In Lynns case breaking even would be a good result..

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2022, 01:23:08 PM »
In general terms football is not a good investment.  Only a handful of teams in the Premier League make a profit. How you make any profit in the National leauge premier is just about impossable. In Lynns case breaking even would be a good result..

Lynn would almost certainly require a sizable boost to income to even maintain status as a step 2 Club.

If Commercial and other fund raising activities were performing as they should be, and as they have done previously when the likes of Gordon Chilvers was involved with the Management Committee, then its probably possible to operate at step 3 without financial doping.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 01:37:01 PM »
The fact that Gordon is no longer involved speaks volumes?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 04:25:55 PM »
What this Club needs is less fans calling the team players s**t  :banghead;

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal