Author Topic: King's Lynn Town FC v Weymouth Town  (Read 5643 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town FC v Weymouth Town
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2022, 05:57:57 PM »
Think that’s a decent turn out for the visit of a bottom 3 Club.  It’s a rebuild job, crowd wise. 
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2022, 08:09:32 PM »
Another poor attendance - so disappointing to see

857. I think that's reasonable all things considered. I would not have been surprised if it had only been around 700/750 (yes, I know its nowhere near enough to fund this level of football).

Must have been all the new player’s relatives increasing the crowd.

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2022, 11:57:31 PM »

857. I think that's reasonable all things considered. I would not have been surprised if it had only been around 700/750 (yes, I know its nowhere near enough to fund this level of football).

I think that is a decent attendance.

I don't know how many Weymouth fans were in the seats, but a headcount of the away terrace was only around 20-25 fans, so over 820 Lynn fans, while we are struggling, against fellow strugglers is a decent turnout.

The match - good performance, three goals, clean sheet....... and Barret is quality

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2022, 01:04:17 AM »

I think that is a decent attendance.

I don't know how many Weymouth fans were in the seats, but a headcount of the away terrace was only around 20-25 fans, so over 820 Lynn fans, while we are struggling, against fellow strugglers is a decent turnout.

The match - good performance, three goals, clean sheet....... and Barret is quality

And I think for the first time this season we had a team on the pitch that meant business? Was great to see the players and managers applaud the fans. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2022, 09:05:21 AM »
Was never likely to be a classic with both sides starting the day in the bottom three and basically Lynn showed more determination and attacking threat to justifiably take the win, how much was down to Lynn playing well or Weymouth being woeful I guess time will tell but for me Weymouth gave us less of a game than Peterborough Sports or Nantwich

Positives for me - Clunan who continues to shine in spite of being played wide right in a front 3, Phipps looks a good player although thought he was a midfielder so would like to see him given a run there and Scott continues to impress at left wingback.  Barrett again showed he has a good footballing brain and some nice touches (layoff for Clunan's goal was a great pass) but whether he can do it against NL standard players is still open to question for me.

In his post match interview TW says he is picking players and formations for individual games so on that basis yesterday was a success and the best start for what is a crucial month but six much, much tougher tests to come before we talk about a turnaround in fortunes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal