Author Topic: Grimsby Tuesday night  (Read 3922 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Grimsby Tuesday night
« on: February 06, 2022, 07:09:03 PM »
After Saturday’s moral boasting win can we hope to get something from Tuesday or just look upon it as a free hit with the home games this month as the bankers ?

Changes or go again with the same 11!

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Grimsby Tuesday night
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 01:19:47 PM »
Will be interesting to see how many changes TW makes from Saturdays confidence boosting win, personally I think we need a minimum of 3 if not 4 but even with a much bigger squad whether we have the right players to bring in is still open to question imo, we seem to have reverted to the mistake we made early on in the 2020-21 season of having a lot of players many of whom are not quite up to NL standard which presumably someone thinks is a better use of the budget than a smaller squad of 'better' (but more expensive?) players.  All we can really be sure of is that Grimsby will be a different proposition to Weymouth

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 05:33:06 PM »
For sure Grimsby will be a tougher game than Weymouth, especially as they have home advantage. I don't like the expression 'free hit', IC used to say that a lot. You could say that Boreham Wood had that against Bournemouth.
Of course the win on Saturday over Weymouth was the most important, but the fact that we didn't concede was very pleasing too, the first clean sheet all season.
Coulson looked good, so hopefully with all his experience we will not concede so many goals. Grimsby's last home game was a 2-1 win against Wealdstone, so hopefully we can go a bit better and get a draw.
Grimsby have a couple of players injured and unavailable tomorrow.

On another note, what has happened to Omotayo. Is he injured, as he wasn't in the squad at the weekend, or apparently in the stand?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 06:17:19 PM »
On another note, what has happened to Omotayo. Is he injured, as he wasn't in the squad at the weekend, or apparently in the stand?
In the Radio Norfolk commentary they said  he was there - they mentioned him going for a cup of tea!
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

HARRYHADDOCK

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »
Hi, Grimsby fan here.

I would think that tonight will be the first time at our ground for the majority of your fans so just wanted to give you a bit of info.

Firstly, remember that our ground is actually in Cleethorpes, not Grimsby. If you are coming by car the ground is very easy to find. If you are coming in on the A180, Follow signs for Cleethorpes, go over the flyover and carry on along that road. The road will then turn back into a dual-carriageway for a short while before going back to single-carriageway. After that, the ground will be about half a mile along that road on your left hand side, behind a McDonalds. There is no parking at the ground but there should be plenty street parking within easy walking distance (there are no resident permit areas). If coming in on the A46 from Lincoln then again follow signs for Cleethorpes and there are signs for the ground as you come into Grimsby.

If coming on the train then the nearest station is Cleethorpes, which is about 1 15-20 minute walk from the ground. Grimsby station is over 2 miles away and from there you’ll need to get a bus (no’s 3, 9 or 10) or a taxi to the ground, which will cost about £6-7.

There are plenty of pubs near to Cleethorpes train station, including a Wetherspoons on The High Street and a number of food outlets. If you have time, then Steels Corner House in The Market Place is great for our famous fish and chips. (Remember to order haddock though, as cod around here is only fit for pet food or visiting Yorkies).

The ground is very easy to find from the train station. Come out of the main station entrance and turn right and go up the pedestrianised walkway. At the top turn left and then right. This is The High Street. Walk along The High Street and then down Isaacs Hill. Carry straight on (you should see the floodlights from there) and the ground is about a 15 minute walk on your right.

I hope you enjoy the day but not the result.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 12:51:11 PM »
Hi, Grimsby fan here.

I would think that tonight will be the first time at our ground for the majority of your fans so just wanted to give you a bit of info.

Firstly, remember that our ground is actually in Cleethorpes, not Grimsby. If you are coming by car the ground is very easy to find. If you are coming in on the A180, Follow signs for Cleethorpes, go over the flyover and carry on along that road. The road will then turn back into a dual-carriageway for a short while before going back to single-carriageway. After that, the ground will be about half a mile along that road on your left hand side, behind a McDonalds. There is no parking at the ground but there should be plenty street parking within easy walking distance (there are no resident permit areas). If coming in on the A46 from Lincoln then again follow signs for Cleethorpes and there are signs for the ground as you come into Grimsby.

If coming on the train then the nearest station is Cleethorpes, which is about 1 15-20 minute walk from the ground. Grimsby station is over 2 miles away and from there you’ll need to get a bus (no’s 3, 9 or 10) or a taxi to the ground, which will cost about £6-7.

There are plenty of pubs near to Cleethorpes train station, including a Wetherspoons on The High Street and a number of food outlets. If you have time, then Steels Corner House in The Market Place is great for our famous fish and chips. (Remember to order haddock though, as cod around here is only fit for pet food or visiting Yorkies).

The ground is very easy to find from the train station. Come out of the main station entrance and turn right and go up the pedestrianised walkway. At the top turn left and then right. This is The High Street. Walk along The High Street and then down Isaacs Hill. Carry straight on (you should see the floodlights from there) and the ground is about a 15 minute walk on your right.

I hope you enjoy the day but not the result.

:salute:

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 01:13:17 PM »
Hopefully we can get something from the game at Grimsby tonight. Heads will be up after our win on Sat. Good luck to the lads tonight.. :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 09:53:33 PM »
Don't think many expected to come away with a point tonight? :dontknow: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 10:07:47 PM »
Don't think many expected to come away with a point tonight? :dontknow: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Great result, although im sure GC et al will blame Mr C for not coming away with all 3
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Owldtup

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 10:16:25 PM »
Excellent result after withstanding intense pressure.Clean sheet and a point where not many expected anything from the game.  :scarf:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 10:18:01 PM »
Just read this on EDP website.

It was also the Linnets’ first goalless game of the campaign and moves them level on points with third-from-bottom Weymouth, with a game in hand.

Don’t know what League table Lakey is looking at. Or is it just wishful thinking ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2022, 10:24:47 PM »

Don’t know what League table Lakey is looking at. Or is it just wishful thinking ?

Presumably the one he’s told to look at!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2022, 10:27:12 PM »
Coming away from Grimsby with a point is another success. we might have turned the corner so onward and upwards well done lads

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 08:20:30 AM »
Good point earned last night, TW said he would pick teams for games and sounds like he got last night right, I thought the clean sheet at the weekend owed more to Weymouth's poor attack than Lynn's defending but another clean sheet tonight has to be seen as a positive.  Big game this weekend, a win for Lynn and Altrincham will be well and truly looking over their shoulders.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal