Author Topic: When Saturday comes.....  (Read 1135 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Lies don't end relationships, the truth does.
    • View Profile
When Saturday comes.....
« on: February 09, 2022, 07:32:58 PM »
Can the current improvement in form and belief continue for Altrinchams visit on Saturday?

:scarf:
The greater the artist, the greater the doubt.
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: When Saturday comes.....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:16:24 PM »
Reading the Altrincham forum it seems they would be delighted with a point.

Has to be a home win and one of the games it should seem that TW is targeting.   

7 points out of 9 will be a hellva turn around from 3 games.

Fancy a 3-0 win and the third clean sheet in a row.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 02:13:11 PM »
Again, another interesting selection dillema for TW this weekend.  At a guess Altricham will be (far) better than Weymouth but we still need to find a way of creating and finishing chances on top of our new found tightness at the back, presumably Hargreaves will keep his place from Tuesday as he is only here for the month, likewise Coulson which would mean a back three if his lack of pace isn't to be exposed.  As said, Altrincham would probably be happy with the draw as they would imagine a 12 point gap with 18 games to play would prove enough

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 04:30:11 PM »
Would think TW will pick a more attacking line up to go for the much needed 3 points.  Can see Barrett returning.

I guess with the latest loaners in until the end of month results will determine whether those deals are extended or players sent back.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 12:23:04 PM »
Would think TW will pick a more attacking line up to go for the much needed 3 points.  "CAN SEE BARRETT RETURNING"

I guess with the latest loaners in until the end of month results will determine whether those deals are extended or players sent back.

Seeing as he's our top scorer, has only played a few games and ran the match v Weymouth then I think that's about the most obvious statement I've ever seen in here!! LOL  If he didn't then it would be utterly bonkers!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 01:59:39 PM »
Would think TW will pick a more attacking line up to go for the much needed 3 points.  "CAN SEE BARRETT RETURNING"

Seeing as he's our top scorer, has only played a few games and ran the match v Weymouth then I think that's about the most obvious statement I've ever seen in here!! LOL  If he didn't then it would be utterly bonkers!

Top scorer is a bit of a quirk in that we have been short of goals all season and he has scored all his goals against weak teams (2 vs Dover, 1 (og) vs Weymouth and 3 vs step 3 sides in the Trophy), I understand that it is good that he has got those goals as others have had the opportunity and not taken it, but I think he is more of a 'flat track bully' to take a phrase from another sport than an automatic choice at NL level.  That said Altrincham are down near the bottom for a reason and the sort of side that he seems to do better against so, yes, an obvious change in the lineup from Tuesday's more defensive minded set up, as I said earlier it will be interesting to see how TW chops and changes his lineup again for tomorrow

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 06:18:31 PM »
Think Barrett will be a sure starter for Home games maybe just used as an impact player for away fixtures where Tommy wants to go tight.   Though I do wonder if Barrett can do Tuesday then Saturday even when we have back to back games at The Walks

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 10:58:17 AM »
Looking forward to returning to the "Fold" today and watching the Team again after my enforced abscence through Covid - missed the Weymouth game.

Three Home games in a row will make up for not attending for so long. I shall be interested to see the New Guys performing.

Match Prediction 2 - 1 victory to Lynn.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." Winston Churchill

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal