Author Topic: Barnet 22nd Feb  (Read 2171 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Barnet 22nd Feb
« on: February 22, 2022, 01:30:27 PM »
Appreciate everyone may be a little detached from the football after the past weeks postponements but we do have a game scheduled for tonight  According to Radio Norfolk this morning Michael Clunan returns having been unavailable at the weekend due to illness (nothing in the match preview from the club to say he would be missing or indeed returns tonight), hopefully we will play him in midfield rather than too high up the pitch to accommodate others into the starting lineup.  Barnet was probably one of the games that TW would have been targeting when he thought we could still retain NL status but think that ship has well and truly sailed now but would still be good to get a result

Lots of chat about failure of players to go out on loan / extending Coulson's loan etc but really don't see the point in having the size squad we currently have and if that means we can't keep Coulson then it is unlikely to change the outcome of the season.  Maybe TW is thinking Coulson being part of next seasons squad and we have certainly lacked experience this year but whether he has another season in him (even at NLN level) is probably debatable.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet 22nd Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 02:08:00 PM »
Appreciate everyone may be a little detached from the football after the past weeks postponements but we do have a game scheduled for tonight  According to Radio Norfolk this morning Michael Clunan returns having been unavailable at the weekend due to illness (nothing in the match preview from the club to say he would be missing or indeed returns tonight), hopefully we will play him in midfield rather than too high up the pitch to accommodate others into the starting lineup.  Barnet was probably one of the games that TW would have been targeting when he thought we could still retain NL status but think that ship has well and truly sailed now but would still be good to get a result

Lots of chat about failure of players to go out on loan / extending Coulson's loan etc but really don't see the point in having the size squad we currently have and if that means we can't keep Coulson then it is unlikely to change the outcome of the season.  Maybe TW is thinking Coulson being part of next seasons squad and we have certainly lacked experience this year but whether he has another season in him (even at NLN level) is probably debatable.

Apparently Barnet have got a half decent striker.

Maybe one for our Scouts to have a look at.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 02:14:24 PM »
Tommy said he was dealing with those players who didn’t want to go out on loan over the weekend.  Have to assume he has moved up to 4 of them on.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 02:27:40 PM »
Tommy said he was dealing with those players who didn’t want to go out on loan over the weekend.  Have to assume he has moved up to 4 of them on.

I've not seen or heard anything about that happening as yet, so I would assume there has been no movement on that one.

Also heard nothing regarding who the two are that are coming in on trial this week, although they have apparently been training with the squad.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 04:20:29 PM »
Where or who would you expect to give out that information ?

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 09:51:46 PM »
A good effort fron the team. Hargreaves had a good game.. Not being able to score again, just one would probably have been enough. Omotoyo didn't even have a single effort at goal. Well done to Paul Jones and the defence for a clean sheet, if only we could score. Clunan was unlucky not to.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »
Another game nearer the end of the season, not entirely sure about the selection last night but maybe TW doesn't rate Jones (A) or Clunan as much as some on the terraces and as for bringing Gold back when Linton has at least given us an outlet in recent matches seems a very strange call. 

Just seen a post elsewhere about promotion spots from step 3 this season and could have some more local teams in NLN than last time - sorry just trying to find something positive to post on here

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 02:58:48 PM »
Positives, another clean sheet, conceded one goal in 4 games and one more point really needed 3 of course. i think Clunan is coming back from being unwell so may be why he was a substitute and was Linton still carrying an injury from the knock he got against Altrincham

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 04:24:28 PM »
Positives, another clean sheet, conceded one goal in 4 games and one more point really needed 3 of course. i think Clunan is coming back from being unwell so may be why he was a substitute .......

Yes. Club said he would not have been playing last week, if the game had been on.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 05:34:49 PM »
Last night's point I believe gives Widdrington as many points from his first 10 games in charge as Culverhouse got from his 17 games in charge this season, 2 wins, 2 draws each. Progress then of sorts but I guess not at the rate necessary to keep us in this league.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 05:50:58 PM »
I didn't see the super strikers name on the goal sheet against what statically is one of the worst teams in the league !
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 07:01:51 PM »
Last night's point I believe gives Widdrington as many points from his first 10 games in charge as Culverhouse got from his 17 games in charge this season, 2 wins, 2 draws each. Progress then of sorts but I guess not at the rate necessary to keep us in this league.

Good stay that.  Then again I wonder how each Managers £ per point looks as a comparison.   

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 08:31:53 PM »
I didn't see the super strikers name on the goal sheet against what statically is one of the worst teams in the league !

Two valid points.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal