Author Topic: Wrexham Tuesday night  (Read 1404 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Wrexham Tuesday night
« on: February 27, 2022, 06:15:08 PM »
Ok itís all over now for the Club ( in truth has been for weeks).  So despite going back down to step 2, letís hope Tommy can get some pride back into the team and we at least put up a fight on Tuesday night. 

Will he throw some of those who have not been in the squad back in or go with the same players who didnít perform on Saturday? Be interesting to see if his Boy starts. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Lies don't end relationships, the truth does.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Tuesday night
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 07:17:06 PM »

Will he throw some of those who have not been in the squad back in or go with the same players who didnít perform on Saturday? Be interesting to see if his Boy starts.

Will he be fit?
The greater the artist, the greater the doubt.
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 08:36:19 PM »
Ok itís all over now for the Club ( in truth has been for weeks).  So despite going back down to step 2, letís hope Tommy can get some pride back into the team and we at least put up a fight on Tuesday night. 

I donít think ďinterestingĒ is the word I would use if he plays that Southern League standard son of his AGAIN!!Ö.I could think of one or two more appropriate ones!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 09:00:16 PM »
Cleeve v Wrexham.

Always an interesting fixture.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 10:20:41 PM »

I donít think ďinterestingĒ is the word I would use if he plays that Southern League standard son of his AGAIN!!Ö.I could think of one or two more appropriate ones!

Completely agree about Widdrington jnr.

As I've stated before, I've questioned Clunan a god few times in the past, but my days, Clunan puts Widdrington to shame in both attitude and application and talent.

Actually felt sorry for Clunan while he was warming up as a sub in the first half.

Regarding the match on Tuesday, I've watched football for many years and this game is one where nothing would surprise me.

If we got drubbed 6-0, it wouldn't surprise me
If we won 1-0, with all that's gone (going) on with this set of players, it wouldn't surprise** me!!

**yes I'd be staggered, but how many times over the years have we seen it happen in football

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 10:37:01 PM »
As well as Clunan ,Jones wasnt even a sub are they trying to force these two out as well as Denton. We have some good players at the club but they are not being played.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 10:45:03 PM »
As well as Clunan ,Jones wasnt even a sub are they trying to force these two out as well as Denton. We have some good players at the club but they are not being played.

Highest paid goes maybe?

If not, what criteria is Tommy working to?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2022, 10:24:57 AM »
Certain kettering  would be interested in a few.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2022, 01:50:03 PM »
To be honest it was always unlikely TW could save the season (I was resigned to relegation after the Aldershot defeat at home) and almost impossible for him to start 'building for next season' when the current set up is full-time and NLN is likely to see the club revert to part-time.  That said the players he has brought in since his arrival have given weight to the view that the recruitment difficulties weren't all down to the previous management as, Phipps apart, there haven't been many players who have looked better than the players they are replacing imo.

Saturdays 'performance' ensured there should be plenty of changes to the starting XI which should hopefully mean returns for Jones, Clunan and probably Denton at least, personally I would also bring Bowry back to push Phipps forward to give us something in midfield but that might be hoping too much unless TW jnr is injured as his place seems assured no matter what.  Season won't be defined by trips to Wrexham and Solihull but TW needs to find a better formation before Woking visit the Walks in a weeks time and with Coulson and Hargreaves loans coming to an end before that game maybe TW needs to think about getting more out of some of the players he has currently sidelined?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2022, 02:21:14 PM »
That said the players he has brought in since his arrival have given weight to the view that the recruitment difficulties weren't all down to the previous management as, Phipps apart, there haven't been many players who have looked better than the players they are replacing imo.

That depends if there were really any recruitment difficulties. Could the objective have been to bring in cheaper and not better players?   

People have said that certain recent signings are Southern League quality players. Presumably that would mean that the Club are only paying Southern League and not NL. wages.   :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 09:53:52 AM »
Think a 2-0 defeat at Mega Bucks Wrexham is no disgrace.   Many ( me included) feared the worst after Saturdayís poor result.

We did actually draw the 2nd half.  So a moral victory there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal