Author Topic: Torquay 12th March  (Read 2641 times)

Ap

• View Profile
Re: Torquay 12th March
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2022, 10:34:28 PM »
Fan can be heard to vent his frustration at 1 hour 52 mins into yesterday's commentary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bqy344

Wonder who he could be referring to  :dontknow:

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Torquay 12th March
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »
I can understand WITS comment although not sure I would say it was 'enjoyable' but it was certainly good to see more commitment from the players which, even if TW says that is the minimum to expect from professional footballers, is still something we have missed in many games (under both managers) at the Walks this season.  Also thought K-B showed what a forward with a positive intent looks like, even if he did look well short of match sharpness and hope to see more of him going forward as none of the forward line will be here next season so no need to worry about 'developing our own' or upsetting anyone.

On a less positive note, can anyone explain why we play Clunan and Hardgreaves on their 'wrong' sides?  I though both players did OK at the weekend but both often had to take extra touches or come back inside to their stronger foot when neither had anything really outside them.  Gold had one of his better games but still doesn't look up to NL football and I am still waiting for the improvement that TW promised as apparently all his problems stemmed from the wrong type of delivery into him during IC's tenure.  Barrett had another game where he had lots of the ball but little to no end product, again some of this may be down to the players around him but if we are looking to move the ball quicker and play a longer game I am not sure this plays to his strengths although he still seems to be a MotM contender with the club Twitter page every game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal