Author Topic: V Halifax on the 26th March  (Read 3319 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: V Halifax on the 26th March
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2022, 01:16:00 PM »
If Lynn are saying itís only a home team offer then that must be a mistake.  Surely it would be open to all including neutrals.   

SC said on his latest podcasts he hopes that the free admission will not be abused where regulars get together and each get in for half price.  The spirit of the thing is for regular fans to pay full wack then give the freebie away to someone who normally doesnít attend. Good luck with that one.

I guess for Halifax fans itís a bit different as those attending would also attend so the freebie would be used by someone who was actually already coming to the game.

The positive thing is that  Kings Lynn will get 25% of value of the freebie ticket, I assume funded by the Lottery.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Supporters, not customers, achieve more together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 01:41:47 PM »

SC said on his latest podcasts he hopes that the free admission will not be abused where regulars get together and each get in for half price.  The spirit of the thing is for regular fans to pay full wack then give the freebie away to someone who normally doesnít attend. Good luck with that one.

Surely the "spirit" of the incentive is to get as many people to watch the game as possible, irrespective of them being regulars or not. Its quite simple....................if you can take advantage of it in any way, then you should do so. It's not a case of people "abusing" it.

Why should the loyal hard core followers (which is what the Club appears to be down to now), be at a disadvantage when compared to others?
The young people may be able to run faster, but older people know the shortcuts.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2022, 01:44:31 PM »
If some fans try it it on by buying a student ticket online then this idea just leaves it open for legitimate Ďabuseí.   SC saying itís against the spirit of the offer is irrelevant. 

With fuel, energy and everything else going through the roof, who can really blame anyone for saving a tenner

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2022, 01:47:59 PM »
On another note, I read that some "supporters" got in for free last night and that SC is not too happy about it.

Every right for him to feel that way. It's not nice when people take advantage and subject others to a financial loss due to their actions.
The young people may be able to run faster, but older people know the shortcuts.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2022, 03:06:08 PM »
Iím sure heís not happy, who would be, how did these people get in  for free ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2022, 04:29:08 PM »
Iím sure heís not happy, who would be, how did these people get in  for free ?

:dontknow:

I suppose its the same in all Walks of life. When people are not wary, certain types will take advantage of the situation.

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2022, 09:52:31 AM »
Should be 1000+ maybe  :scarf:

There should be a lot more than that.

Halifax average away gate is pushing 2,500.
Can you really see over 2000 away fans at Lynn? Hope you're right, we need to get some funds in.  A win would be the icing on the cake.  :scarf:

I didn't say that. I just said there should be more than your estimate of 1000, and that Halifax away gate average is 2,500.
The point I was making is if Halifax away gate average is 2,500, I can't see that many coming to King's Lynn for the match. Maybe other teams in the league but not Lynn. Thats why I said 1000+ Anymore will be a good bonus.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2022, 10:21:59 AM »
Should be 1000+ maybe  :scarf:

There should be a lot more than that.

Halifax average away gate is pushing 2,500.
Can you really see over 2000 away fans at Lynn? Hope you're right, we need to get some funds in.  A win would be the icing on the cake.  :scarf:

I didn't say that. I just said there should be more than your estimate of 1000, and that Halifax away gate average is 2,500.
The point I was making is if Halifax away gate average is 2,500, I can't see that many coming to King's Lynn for the match. Maybe other teams in the league but not Lynn. Thats why I said 1000+ Anymore will be a good bonus.

Hopefully many will take up the BOGOF offer. 

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2022, 12:16:30 PM »
Pierce Bird has gone to ....... Halifax on loan

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2022, 06:28:04 PM »
So is bird a signing or have we loaned a loanee? Anyway strange decision tbh obviously they see something Tommy doesnít leaving me to ask is it cheaper to pay for coulson and Hickman than play our own players  to get us to the end of the season and cut costs Iíd seriously think about calling our own back and let Tommy see what heís got to work with and end our loan player where able to .

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 08:38:00 PM »
So is bird a signing or have we loaned a loanee? Anyway strange decision tbh obviously they see something Tommy doesnít leaving me to ask is it cheaper to pay for coulson and Hickman than play our own players  to get us to the end of the season and cut costs Iíd seriously think about calling our own back and let Tommy see what heís got to work with and end our loan player where able to .

BB, Bird was a summer signing so loaning him out when TW seems dead set against playing him will presumably get some contribution towards his wages and also put him in the shop window for a summer move.  I think the loanees in current squad are Fernadez (season), Coulson (mth), Phipps (season), McGavin (season), Hargreaves (mth), Linton (season), Kurran-Browne (season).  As for calling players back, that only really works if we remain full-time next season, if we revert to part-time you would imagine those on two year deals will have to be offloaded anyway.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2022, 10:16:31 PM »

BB, Bird was a summer signing so loaning him out when TW seems dead set against playing him will presumably get some contribution towards his wages and also put him in the shop window for a summer move.  I think the loanees in current squad are Fernadez (season), Coulson (mth), Phipps (season), McGavin (season), Hargreaves (mth), Linton (season), Kurran-Browne (season).  As for calling players back, that only really works if we remain full-time next season, if we revert to part-time you would imagine those on two year deals will have to be offloaded anyway.
Thanks Tony I was losing track whoís ours or loans with all the ins /outs this season , also thereís Hickman , zain ,and the other lad from Stevenage  thought 7 was the max of loan players  , so maybe like you say heís seeing if he can off load for next seasons budget going to be a big clear out and plenty of new faces come August Öjust thought he could se if the likes of knowles, joe gazza , flo , gyasi would feature to see if they have what he need next season , donít want another Taylor slipping through our fingers

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2022, 10:44:55 PM »
...Thanks Tony I was losing track whoís ours or loans with all the ins /outs this season , also thereís Hickman , zain ,and the other lad from Stevenage  thought 7 was the max of loan players  , so maybe like you say heís seeing if he can off load for next seasons budget going to be a big clear out and plenty of new faces come August Öjust thought he could se if the likes of knowles, joe gazza , flo , gyasi would feature to see if they have what he need next season , donít want another Taylor slipping through our fingers

Pretty sure Hickman is a signed player (don't think he was with a club to loan from), Zain had a (unproductive) month on loan earlier in the season but TW signed him until the end of the season and I think Iontton was released by Stevenage after injury, real shame for him but signing lads with injury records will always come with a risk.

Understand the concern about the younger lads after what happed with Joe Taylor but not sure the others are in the same bracket and all probably need minutes at a lower level to even be considered to be part of next years squad at step 2, Gyasi is a slightly different case as he is getting game time at Dover having had precious little under TW so win-win scenario for now and then take a view at the end of the season.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2022, 12:21:12 PM »
Not sure how much longer we have Coulson and Hargreaves (I think Dover will be the end of their loans unless they are extended again through to the end of the season) but would include both for todays game, my team for today

Jones
          Fernandez, Coulson, Barrows
Clunan, Phipps, McGavin, Hargreaves, Denton
              Linton, Kurran-Browne

Obviously doubts over Phipps (then give Sundire a go) and Linton (if so then pick one from Omotayo / Walker / Charles / someone from the stands) 

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »
Stunning home win for Lynn.  Has to be their best result of the season.

Sounds an amazing game at Wrexham finished 6-5 to Wrexham after Dover had led 5-2.  Lynn player Gyasi got 3 of the Dover goals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal