Author Topic: Trophy draw  (Read 6248 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trophy draw
« on: November 02, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »
Should Lynn win tomorrow night's replay against Belper they will be away to Nantwich Town in the Second Qualifying Round.
Match to be played Saturday 14th November. The winners receive 3,250.
Full draw http://www.thefa.com/news/competitions/fa-trophy/2015/nov/second-round-qualifying-draw-021115

rod

• View Profile
Re: Trophy draw
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 02:21:06 PM »
If we win tomorrow the next game will be a major step up and unless we find a way to be or someone who is more clinical in front of goal (Setch' it might be worth a phone call to Chester - see my Ex-Linnets post!) I think we will really struggle to get anything from the game.

Failing that as has been mentioned before what about Ryan Fryatt 'up top'!?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:20:16 AM »
If George Thompson was  available you can bet your
Life that Setch would have been on the blower to Chester, one can only dream of seeing G T back in a lynn shirt  :oldman"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:38 AM »
That would be a great signing, but would he fit in the same 11 as Stevo and Clunnan ? or would something have to give.  Plus If George has been on a full time contract would Lynn have the money to attract him back into part-time ?

We have a history of players leaving ( Spriggs, Watson Frew are 3 that spring to mind) and then coming back, so maybe Thommo could be another.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 07:07:14 AM »
Instead of Stevo on last night's  performance.Well off the pace for the most part.On the plus side liked what i saw of Dylan Edge.Great play for Hiliards goal.The first time I've seen him and looks very promising.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
As a long stading advocate of giving local youngsters a chance I am delighted by recent events but I also believe that selection should always be based upon current form and merit......rather than on reputation past or present, as I believe has been in the past and is still sometimes the case........Deeds speak louder than words etc etc.

A few examples.............Simon Bird - would he be even in the first team squad if injuries to senior players and not been so wide spread. Now IMO he is probably the best rught back in the club and shows great compusure on the ball, when last year he was playing for Dersingham!!

Similarly with Matty Castellan

Dylan Edge - at last he was given 20 rather than the occasional 5 minutes and how well he played again showing great composure when setting up Toby's first goal....Something we have been sadly lacking in the final third.

And speaking of compsure and example I hope that Setch' had a quiet word with Stevo' as his on the pitch slanging match with one of the opposition coaches was frankly embarrassing and set IMO a very poor example to the younger players.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »
Dylan has been excellent in his minutes for the first team. He was of course denied a 'goal' with his very first touch in the first team at Barton - wrongly ruled out in my opinion. He also had two fantastic chances to open his account at Histon. You sense all the fans willing him to get that first goal whenever he is on the pitch - much the same as with Toby Hilliard.

Stevo is still carrying niggles. It's a difficult one because when he's looked fresher such as Histon away, he has literally run the game from midfield. He is capable of dominating the middle of the park and gelling the players around him into a unit. Until we can start getting other experienced heads back, such as Marshall, Miller and Gaughran, we are limited on that front and it's something we still need in the team, regardless of how well the youngsters have been doing. I'd certainly rather have Stevo in this team than the almost passionless performances from David Bell we saw in that role last season.

It's a shame it has taken the club this long to embrace the Reserves setup and the under 18/development route. Hopefully it will lead to even more potential youth development. It's still early days but there are some potential success stories in the making here and hopefully more to come as these teams grow.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »
Amazing what can be done with a football man in charge. Setch now has a larger squad so team selection will be a bit of a headache but thats what every manager wants, competition for places. Well done Setch.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »
Setch has always been in charge of all things on the field, hasnt he, so nothing chnages there.    The main man is certainly putting together a half tidy squad, lets give some credit to Joff Hawes though some of this new local squad was brought on by him.  The full back Bird has now joined the squad because of Injuries and grab his chance.  What happened to the lad from the Reserves who had just the one game at left back ..McLeish (?) ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
Dylan has been excellent in his minutes for the first team. He was of course denied a 'goal' with his very first touch in the first team at Barton - wrongly ruled out in my opinion. He also had two fantastic chances to open his account at Histon. You sense all the fans willing him to get that first goal whenever he is on the pitch - much the same as with Toby Hilliard.

Stevo is still carrying niggles. It's a difficult one because when he's looked fresher such as Histon away, he has literally run the game from midfield. He is capable of dominating the middle of the park and gelling the players around him into a unit. Until we can start getting other experienced heads back, such as Marshall, Miller and Gaughran, we are limited on that front and it's something we still need in the team, regardless of how well the youngsters have been doing. I'd certainly rather have Stevo in this team than the almost passionless performances from David Bell we saw in that role last season.

It's a shame it has taken the club this long to embrace the Reserves setup and the under 18/development route. Hopefully it will lead to even more potential youth development. It's still early days but there are some potential success stories in the making here and hopefully more to come as these teams grow.

Robbo - I very much agree with your view of Bell who along with Frew were I believe sometimes played because of who they were rather than what they contributed. With specific regard to Lee Stevenson - nobody wants to see him playng consistently well and bossing the mid field more than I do, but for me with the odd exception this season his best performanceshave been against lower level opposition and if he has been 'carrying a niggle' for most of this season(?) would he not be better getting that right rather than consistently playing 90 minutes?

I wonder whether his rather out of character argument over several minutes whilst the match was in progress, with the Belper coach, resulted at least in part from his frustration at things not going as well as he had hoped and expected?................Stevo' consistently firing on all cylinders could be the difference between mid table mediocrity and a play off place IMO.

loyallinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 01:12:46 PM »
"Setch has always been in charge of all things on the field, hasn't he, so nothing changes there.    The main man is certainly putting together a half tidy squad, lets give some credit to Joff Hawes though some of this new local squad was brought on by him.  The full back Bird has now joined the squad because of Injuries and grab his chance.  What happened to the lad from the Reserves who had just the one game at left back ..McLeish (?) ?"

Didn't the current Reserve boss sign Dylan Edge and Simon Bird in the summer mallard not Joff ? and it looks like he is pushing these current crop closer to the 1st team and it has before? its great to see so many local boys getting a chance, I cant remember the last time this happened? Keith Rudd era?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 01:19:32 PM »
Of Course Robbie B has done his bit, and Hopefully he will continue  to do so, as he is the man currently in the job.  I was just saying lets not forget the work that Joff put in prior to this season in helping develop on some of the Youngster we are now seeing in the first team In fairness, Edge did his last couple of Years learning at Swaffham, Robbie had him in his squad for a only a few weeks.   

loyallinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »
Lets hope the conveyor belt continues mallard

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 02:50:41 PM »
Can see no reason why not with the Under 18's now up and running.   Kings Lynn and district has a good few  chimmney pots in it, so no reason now why anything  should now be allowed to slip through the net.  Lets not forget how many of the now current First team squad did slip through the net and learnt their trade elsewhere.   

Just because the players are local should not mean we get them on the cheap, otherwise other clubs will come waving the $ signs.  There is nothing more dishearting than being a local and only earning half what the guy sat next to you in dressing room is on, just because he is travelling a few miles.  Lets make sure the local talent is well looked after, in all ways.  Once word gets about that Lynn is a Club that does look after young Players, father will be encouraging their off spring that The Walks is the place to be.

Snowballs and all that

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 03:32:53 PM »
Can see no reason why not with the Under 18's now up and running.   Kings Lynn and district has a good few  chimmney pots in it, so no reason now why anything  should now be allowed to slip through the net.  Lets not forget how many of the now current First team squad did slip through the net and learnt their trade elsewhere.   

Perfect example of this is Jack Friend, a local lad who learned his trade and made a name for himself at Wisbech because we weren't seen to have/offer decent development opportunities for players his age at the time.

Maybe further down the line we will be in a position to start younger youth/development teams? Would be a great opportunity not only to tie local players to the club for years to come, but further strengthens the club's relationship with the local community from a supporters sense as well.