Author Topic: Cleeve article in edp  (Read 3945 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Lies don't end relationships, the truth does.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleeve article in edp
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2022, 09:20:05 PM »
As Twisted Melon said to Grissles:

“Howard”?

Good spot Grissles.

:laughcry:
The greater the artist, the greater the doubt.
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2022, 09:32:43 PM »
Howard? The only events I have booked at the Blue & Gold are Bez & Youth Killed it on May 21st.
If you take a look on my Twisted Melon pages you can find all the details of all my events 👍

Cleeve in Lynn News today:

But club chairman Stephen Cleeve this afternoon sought to play down the prospect of outdoor gigs taking place at the stadium in the near future.

"It's not for this year. Nothing is happening this summer."

So Twisted Melon don’t seem to know who Howard is, and the only thing booked at B & G is Bez.

Then there’s a Twisted Melon notification of an event staring Howard Donald and Judge Jools at the Walks Stadium, but Cleeve states there’s nothing happening this summer.

Maybe he’s not hopeful of getting the change of use through for this Summer, but hopeful that he can for next Summer.

Confused Dot Com.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2022, 09:42:20 PM »
In sure there is a misunderstanding somewhere.  Surely the Application for this event would have gone into the council and permission obtained before tickets went on sale with the advertising.

Surely the obvious answer is that this event is being held in the B&G club and not The Walks Pitch.   Maybe a printing error ?

I’m sure Melon will confirm

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2022, 11:09:13 PM »
In sure there is a misunderstanding somewhere.  Surely the Application for this event would have gone into the council and permission obtained before tickets went on sale with the advertising.

Surely the obvious answer is that this event is being held in the B&G club and not The Walks Pitch.   Maybe a printing error ?

I’m sure Melon will confirm

Well without casting too many nasturtiums,why would Mr Cleeve  and Mr Trinnis worry about permission? Once tickets have been sold it is money in the bank,if permission is refused then that money is held in obeyance? I believe many years ago that Stautus Quo wanted to play the walks,but refused due to complaints by the residents? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2022, 08:17:23 AM »
I heard the reason they pulled out was they had forgotten one of the three chords.  Just a rumour.  :laughcry:

With regard the Walks hosting Festival Too.  Are not some the Borough Council Committee also involved with the Festival ?  If so that issue should be sorted PDQ

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2022, 08:29:47 AM »
https://www.edp24.co.uk/stephen-cleeve-3389614

Today’s SC column.   Record shirt sponsorship already in place for next season.  He doesn’t let the grass grow

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2022, 11:17:42 AM »

Today’s SC column.   Record shirt sponsorship already in place for next season.  He doesn’t let the grass grow

I know SC has column inches to fill but what a load of cobblers, I appreciate SC does understandably view things purely from a KLT perspective but to ask the league to look at swapping fixtures at this date should rightly fall on deaf ears.  On a more positive note it is good that the sponsorships are in place which should allow the new commercial manager a bit more time to sort out match day sponsors rather than have SC go to Twitter on the week of a game and ask if anyone wants to take the weekends fixture (as happened again this week).  Not sure that the club wants to go down the NFT route (different views on the success or otherwise of Liverpool's recent experience) but we do need income from somewhere so I guess SC has to look at every opportunity.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2022, 09:00:29 PM »
I’m surprised Lakey and the EDP’s new owners pay out money for the stuff that SC writes.

He really doesn’t do himself any favours or the EDP

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2022, 10:34:06 PM »

I know SC has column inches to fill but what a load of cobblers, I appreciate SC does understandably view things purely from a KLT perspective but to ask the league to look at swapping fixtures at this date should rightly fall on deaf ears.  On a more positive note it is good that the sponsorships are in place which should allow the new commercial manager a bit more time to sort out match day sponsors rather than have SC go to Twitter on the week of a game and ask if anyone wants to take the weekends fixture (as happened again this week).  Not sure that the club wants to go down the NFT route (different views on the success or otherwise of Liverpool's recent experience) but we do need income from somewhere so I guess SC has to look at every opportunity.

That's the 2nd times in 6 years that its been announced that its the biggest sponsorship deal in the Clubs history. I take it that it means the previous Club as well.

Well done to the Chairman (in the absence of a Commercial Manager) for reaching such dizzy heights on a regular basis.

I would  guess the biggest contributor would be Charmed Interiors so they  must believe sponsoring a NL Club brings big benefits.

@Salon must think they have hit pay dirt. I don't know of any other Salon that could afford the big money it must cost to advertise with a NL Club. Well done to them. Don't know them myself but I think they operate somewhere in Tennyson Avenue.

Barsby probably get reciprocal business, but even if that is the case, its good of them to let bygones be bygones, bite the bullet, and continue their support of the Club.

Finally, theres Soccer Collect. I've always wondered why they never called themselves Football Collect.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »
Outdoor Music events in the middle of a residential area.  The locals are gonna love that!

Local residents objections have started according to the on line planning pages.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2022, 11:47:21 AM »
It's not as if it's everyday of the week. It's only 4 occasions  a year.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2022, 11:56:08 AM »

I can see both sides.

Only 4 times a year, but then I don't live with a young family in Seven Sisters Close.

Tough one.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2022, 03:49:46 PM »

I can see both sides.

Only 4 times a year, but then I don't live with a young family in Seven Sisters Close.

Tough one.

It looks as if the objection raised on the planning site has been removed.

There's one post supporting the application. The Club can always rely on Norman, no matter what.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2022, 04:39:47 PM »
Maybe they should look at holding the events down at Saddlebow, away from a residential area.  Can’t think there would be any complaints down there.

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2022, 04:48:14 PM »
Lets be honest, when does the council listen to objections? and still give permission. Like many of 100s if not 1000s of other local people  I've objected to many proposals and still they get aproved. What really anoys me the people who voted for the councillors don't listen to the voters who put them in office in the 1st place..  To the moderator, please remove the post if it's not within the rules of the forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal