Author Topic: Bromley 5th April  (Read 1141 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Bromley 5th April
« on: April 04, 2022, 05:28:58 PM »
Does TW ring the changes after a disappointing point at Dover or does he stick with the team that gained another point on Aldershot at the weekend?  I guess people's answer will depend on how they saw the weekend's result.  With no news on Linton in the preview on the club site, I assume he is still out so would go with K-B for Barrett (although TW is in the paper basically saying he is happy for the side to continue to carry Barrett https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-town-bromley-bucket-list-8801810) and as well as Sundire played at right back vs Halifax I would bring Aaron Jones back into the starting lineup.  I can see TW will be tempted to bring TW jnr back into the starting lineup but the midfield of Clunan and Hargreaves (now they are playing on the correct sides) and McGavin (who has finally started to adapt to the physical side of adult football) have been playing well enough to keep him on the bench imo.

John H

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley 5th April
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 01:03:18 PM »
The Dover game was a Ďmust winí based on it being Dover. All remaining games are must win, if we are to avoid relegation. Bromley are a very good side, they have just booked their FA Trophy final at Wembley and with their forward, Cheek, they will be difficult opponents.
That fact that we beat Halifax shows that we are capable, so hopefully we can do the same against Bromley.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 01:31:49 PM »
Carrying Barrett ?  Iíve read all season that heís a cut above everyone else in the squad !

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 03:18:10 PM »
Good luck to the linnets tonight :scarf: Hope you all have a good game and bring home the points  :clap:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 06:21:20 PM »
Carrying Barrett ?  Iíve read all season that heís a cut above everyone else in the squad !

Again, DD be careful not to judge based on highlights or third party reports, Barrett is undoubtably a very good technical player but like many who drop out of the professional game, there are reasons why they are not playing at a higher level.  When his contract was cancelled by Bristol Rovers he was without a club for six weeks before Lynn picked him up and it was obvious fitness (not just injury) was going to be an issue and in fairness to him he has lost a lot of weight but is probably still well short of being fit enough to get into a real professional team. 

On a personal level, I would question his judgement/nous/tactical awareness as he often goes for the 'glamour' option rather than the 'right' option, great when it comes off but pretty frustrating when it doesn't and that imo is why he has done well against Weymouth, Dover and the lower league opposition we have played in the cups but been poor against the good teams in this league who don't allow him the time and space he needs (of his 7 goals, only one has been against someone outside of that group - Halifax)

As for 'carrying' Barrett, generally I think he has been a luxury we couldn't afford in the majority of league games this season but with little other attacking options both IC and TW have had to overlook the flaws in the hope that the flashes of quality are enough which is basically what TW admitted at the weekend - "we carried him for an hour" (but didn't substitute him) and "there have been better managers than me, in their eyes, get frustrated with him because of what he doesnít do"

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 09:34:34 AM »
Interesting, TonyM !  Youíre right that I canít really make a judgement on him, as, not believing the propaganda that COVID can now be ignored, I havenít seen him play.  I was simply going on reports from others that his skill factor is a cut above the rest.  In general, my outlook on the game is the same as Guardiola.  He said this week, when the interviewer tried to get him talking tactically, that ď I didnít get involved in those stupid debatesĒ.  I understand that.  You never hear Pep and Koop talking tactical gibberish - they simply have very skilful players all over the pitch.  Barrett, as I understand it, is about the only one whose skill can turn a game.  Anyway, great win last night - fingers crossed ?!!!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 03:45:27 PM »
I must maKe an appointment for Specsavers has I believe Barrett is the best player we have got again last night it was his shot that their goalie couldnít hold and we scored

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 03:53:57 PM »
People have to be careful what they wish for Malc.  A slimmed down, fit Barrett with the right attitude would be playing at what level ?   Certainly not Non League Football.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2022, 04:27:45 PM »
Lets enjoy him while he is here.  :scarf:

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2022, 04:46:28 PM »
If Barrett was 100% fit he could play at a higher level.  He has glimpses of a good player. Should I stay or should I go! The Clash :clap:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal