Author Topic: Radio Norolk  (Read 3159 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Radio Norolk
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:50:21 AM »
Did I just hear correctly?

Radio Norfolk just announced Fakenham Town have arranged home Friendlies with teams from Leicester City and Norwich City!

https://twitter.com/fakenhamtownfc?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
Re: Radio Norolk
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:12:16 AM »
You did indeed -  'Development' teams. Could these be contacts that Nigel Worthington, Fakenham ambassador has got?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:18:10 AM »
Norwich always seem to start their pre-season games with trips to either Dereham or Gorleston.  No idea what the connection is to these 2 clubs, But it must be a massive money spinner for each club to start the season.

Someone suggested to me that the reason they go back to the same clubs is they have an understanding that the players from these 2 Clubs are trusted not to try and kick 7 barrels of ***** out of the Norwich lads.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 09:33:26 AM »
Could these be contacts that Nigel Worthington, Fakenham ambassador has got?

It looks very much that way.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »
We should use our connections.  How about asking someone like Keith Rudd, does he not have the title of Ambassador ? and he sure had connections at Norwich in the past.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:10:32 AM »
Do we want to play development teams?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 10:14:45 AM »
I think we missed a major trick in terms of developing a better relationship with Norwich when St Neots managed to formulate some sort of contractual arrangement with them - highly embarassing for us at the time?...I presume this is still in place?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 11:22:40 AM »
Nememis, got to be better than some of the teams we play.  Plus  gives the opportunity to forge relationships with these clubs.  Never know when we might need a help with a loaner or two.

Seems to recall we have had the likes of Fisk, Cave-Brown,  Bloomfield  and a few others on loan from the Canaries in the past.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 12:09:47 PM »
I for one would welcome a much closer relationship with Norwich......For us it would make a great deal of sense and yes a first team squad at the Walks pre season would attract a very decent gate IMO..........................If Dereham, Gorleston can do it - why not us?!

Keyr1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 01:43:09 PM »
Norwich isn't the only club "close" to us, per sé . We have Peterborough, Nothampton, Ipswich and Cambridge too. Why have friendlies never been attempted with these either? Development squads or u18's / Reserves would be fine, would give fans a chance to see a "big" name club near us and that name alone would bring in a few fans to have a peek surely?

But i agree, we should be banging on the door, using any name we have to attempt and use to get us some links for potential signings and friendlies too.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 01:50:44 PM »
Boston is always a  decent club to play....They would bring a few with them as well.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 02:36:41 PM »
Boston, Lowestoft................. and I recall not too many seasons ago, through Carl  Heggs contacts(?) we had a Leicester X! at the Walks including DJ Campbell, who played most if not all of the 90 minutes.........I realise a balance needs to be struck between games aginst teams that Setch considers will benefit our preparation with perhaps a more glamerous show piece friendly, to attract a few non regulars and give us some much needed pre season publicity?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
Luton is less than two hours away too. They have a very good youth set up and have been able to loan several developing players out at both our level and Conference South over the last few seasons. Their fan base also travels in numbers, even for pre-season friendlies.