Author Topic: V County  (Read 956 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Lies don't end relationships, the truth does.
    • View Profile
V County
« on: April 15, 2022, 04:59:21 PM »
Not such a Good Friday as the Linnets lose at County, and with Aldershot taking 3 points today

"Outclassed", according to the YLP reporter.

The steep hill just got a lot steeper.
The greater the artist, the greater the doubt.
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

Anton

• View Profile
Re: V County
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 05:20:36 PM »
Really does look a tall order now. Just keep plugging away and see what happens :scarf:

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 07:30:30 PM »
8 points clear 2 games in hand. Aldershot are all but clear

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 08:50:27 PM »
Anyone if a bus has been arranged for the Grimsby game? :bus: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 09:46:39 PM »
Excel have this one covered

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 09:56:33 PM »
Good turnout by Lynn fans today -229 or something like that and good vocal support

I think, in all honesty, Notts County were the better team today - we all had hope when Gold opened the scoring but after that it was pretty much one way traffic.

Lynn looked a little leggy at times, but they all tried their best as far as I'm concerned - a couple of them looked genuinely gutted when they came across to acknowledge the travelling support at the end

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 07:48:04 AM »
When Gold scored the first goal I thought we were in with a chance but alas it wasn’t to be from then on we were outclassed IMO but I enjoyed the banter with the county fans that surrounded me where I was sitting in the corporate area but I wished them luck in the play offs

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 09:23:09 AM »
It’s hardly surprising we were outclassed away to a big spending Club who have such a long history of League Football.   No shame in this defeat.  Just puts things in prospective of where we are in the Footballing world and what is needed to compete at this level.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal