Author Topic: Grimsby at Home Easter Monday  (Read 3331 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Grimsby at Home Easter Monday
« on: April 16, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »
Let’s hope for a decent performance and the biggest gate of the season.   The big adventure is almost over now.  Next season it’s back too the hard graft of the National League North.  Local Derbys with Boston and Kettering and trips up to Blyth and Darlo to name just two.

I wonder what plans are in place for next season and will we see a massive clear out ?

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Grimsby at Home Easter Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 11:38:20 AM »
Can't see this beating the Southend attendance, even with the potential for more away fans.  Hope TW rotates a bit and sets up to have a go at Grimsby, certainly start K-B and maybe Walker/Charles in a 4-3-3 but guess that would mean leaving jnr out so maybe less likely.  Decision to make at right back, does he give Hickman yet more NL minutes he doesn't justify, play Aaron who looks completely out of sorts or bring back Sundire who didn't have the best of games last time out, maybe give Fernandez a run out?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 10:57:06 PM »
More Lynn or Grimbsy fans? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 06:01:26 AM »
I think we both know the answer to that one Griss, unfortunately the Lynn ranks will probably be increased by the “Big game morons” who come looking for trouble.  With 2000 from Grimsby i think the attendance will be 3200

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 10:33:21 AM »
Good luck to the linnets today. Hopefully we can beat Grimbsy and finnish the last few games on a high. :scarf:

John H

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 02:37:01 PM »
Will be a great atmosphere today, hopefully we can come away with all 3 points. Realistically though, we probably won’t. As for next season, lots of decisions to be made, personally I would like to see a new manager, TW has failed in what he was brought in for, didn’t even come close if we are being honest.
Omotoyo has hit a bit of form, so his confidence will be good for today, hopefully he can find the net. Good luck to all the team.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 04:22:35 PM »
I think we both know the answer to that one Griss, unfortunately the Lynn ranks will probably be increased by the “Big game morons” who come looking for trouble.  With 2000 from Grimsby i think the attendance will be 3200
Close,  3111.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Supporters, not customers, achieve more together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 04:28:02 PM »
Close,  3111.

1890 from Grimsby.
The young people may be able to run faster, but older people know the shortcuts.

keymaster

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2022, 08:19:05 PM »
Hi Guys
well I am no pundit or ex footballer but here is my two penny worth, well actually my £63 worth as I took my adult sons with me today.  This was my first day back as threw my toys out the pram some time ago but couldnt stay away.
  We had four or five players good enough today but as they were carrying the rest they were totally tired out by second half. Can somebody with more football knowledge than me tell me why we keep playing Gold Amatayo, he looks very fit and muscular but can't hold or shoot a ball for toffee and Denton, Barrows and a very unfit looking Barratt kept passing the ball to him in front of goal and as soon as they did he either missed it or fell over- by second half I could see Denton and Barretts frustration in their facial expressions.
  Barratt although looking unfit ran for every ball, dribbled and passed, defended and worked his socks off, unlike Gold who seemed to prance around falling over every few minutes and despite his muscular build and tallness seemed to get bundled off the ball and get out jumped for headers every time.
  I am not sure why Charles didn't come on till last five minutes as he added what was missing up front and ran for everything and I thought he was going to get an equiliser. The managers son seemed to play with some passion and can hit the ball but I think Clunan and Widdrington  had a difficult game, Coulson was big and strong but too slow and beaten quite often on the ball as was Fernandez.
Best players for me were Jones in goal, Barrows was immense, Barrett- so skillful, imagine if he was fit and Denton.Charles was good but only for 5 minutes :-)
Happy to be shot down but thats the way I saw it,

K

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Supporters, not customers, achieve more together.
    • View Profile
The young people may be able to run faster, but older people know the shortcuts.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 10:14:12 PM »
Grimsby forum:

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1650298906/

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1650311346/

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1650192273/

Tbh 100% agree with that away end and if I visited an away end like that I’d be disappointed , that end could do with proper terraced steps ..
 And I do hate the spast**s song and the hideous and dated die screech when an opponent is injured.

Thought first half we matched them the goal knocked the stuffing out of us but 2 nd half never threatened them .. as much as I love Barrett but he seems to do to much and wish we’d let others who are more than capable of taking a free kick or corner  !!

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 07:35:36 PM »
Obviously the same SP song sang by some of the same group at Notts County. It was absolutely embarrasing and those responsible need to grow up and have a long look at themselves.
In todays or even previous years society there is no place for it and i certainly cannot recall anything like the same being sung over many years of travelling the Uk following the Linnets, ever hearing opposition supporters singing it.
Come on Lynn supporters, you are better than that, your support week in and week out cannot be denied but there are far better songs and words that can be sung and get a far better response.
So if anything should die and be put to rest then start with that!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal