Author Topic: Is tonight the night ?  (Read 2161 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Is tonight the night ?
« on: April 26, 2022, 03:01:15 PM »
With Aldershot away at an out of form Bromley a win for The Shots would see us fall through the relegation trapdoor.

Will there be live updates on here tonight (admin) ?

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Is tonight the night ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 05:40:59 PM »
With Aldershot away at an out of form Bromley a win for The Shots would see us fall through the relegation trapdoor.

Good idea.

:scarf:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 06:50:30 PM »

Yes :salute:
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 09:51:08 PM »
FT 1-1.

Bromley with a late equaliser.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 12:55:46 AM »
Keep the faith,if we win our remining games and they lose theirs we are safe. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 08:54:48 AM »
We live to fight another day.  Be interesting to read SC’s EDP this weekend and his views on the state of play at the Club.   Wonder if he still thinks the £500k loan gamble was worth it ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 09:23:06 AM »
We live to fight another day.  Be interesting to read SC’s EDP this weekend and his views on the state of play at the Club.   Wonder if he still thinks the £500k loan gamble was worth it ?

Could be a case of believing it the correct course of action at the time, but in hindsight (which is a wonderful thing), its not been "worth it".   :dontknow:

What the half million was used for, would presumably have to come into the equation as well.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 11:06:48 AM »
If we had had Tommy from the Start I don’t think we would have been in this position but has it is I think I can hear the orchestra warm up to play Rule Britannia and whose that peeking around the corner oh no it’s the Fat Lady

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 01:09:46 PM »
Can only deal with what is not what might have been.  Might as well say if it wasn’t for Culverhouse then we might not have been in the National League for Tommy to get us relegated from.

Fact is if we get relegated it’s on Tommy’s watch.  He knew the situation when he came in and his target was to finish 4th from bottom.  Looking very much like he won’t achieve his goal.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2022, 02:24:12 PM »
Can only deal with what is not what might have been.  Might as well say if it wasn’t for Culverhouse then we might not have been in the National League for Tommy to get us relegated from.

Fact is if we get relegated it’s on Tommy’s watch.  He knew the situation when he came in and his target was to finish 4th from bottom.  Looking very much like he won’t achieve his goal.

You have to have something to aim at. What did you want the target to be set at? "See what you can do", or, "do your best"?

There wasn't any other target that could have been set other than to finish 4th from bottom.

It was a hell of a target to reach, but he had a good go at it.

Players showed spirit under TW for most of the 2nd half of the season, which very often wasn't the case under the previous management.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2022, 02:47:46 PM »
If we had had Tommy from the Start I don’t think we would have been in this position but has it is I think I can hear the orchestra warm up to play Rule Britannia and whose that peeking around the corner oh no it’s the Fat Lady

PPG would suggest otherwise and although I appreciate TW didn't inherit a NL standard squad, I guess the debate is whether, with all the many additions he has brought in, both signings and loans, do we have a squad that could have stayed up and from a personal point of view I think it would have been no more than a possibility rather than a probability.  Not sure how many of the current signed players would get spots at other NL clubs and whilst all clubs can have 'marginal' players in their squads when it's the bulk of your starting XI it's pretty difficult to have any sort of success

...Players showed spirit under TW for most of the 2nd half of the season, which very often wasn't the case under the previous management.

They did but, as TW himself has said, effort should be a basic requisite at any level and although he did also get better performances out of some of the players than IC it was always going to be a tall order for that squad to retain NL status.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 02:49:40 PM »
Perhaps if the club and others had shown solidarity with Dover last season, then we wouldn't be in a financial mess and possibly the relegation dog fight might have involved 6 or 7 clubs rather than the 3.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2022, 03:43:31 PM »
Let’s not forget to factor in the playing budget that seemingly increased to allow TW to bring in 8 new players.  We will never know what would have happened if IC had been afforded that kind of budget at the start of the season.

It’s all ifs buts and maybes.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2022, 04:00:41 PM »
Let’s not forget to factor in the playing budget that seemingly increased to allow TW to bring in 8 new players.  We will never know what would have happened if IC had been afforded that kind of budget at the start of the season.

It’s all ifs buts and maybes.

We don't know if the playing budget was increased, only that TW signed more players. Guess people will have to make their own minds up with regards to why that was.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 04:02:22 PM »
Not sure how many of the current signed players would get spots at other NL clubs

Jones x 2, Barrett, Clunan,  Barrows.   :dontknow:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal