Author Topic: Kern Miller gone  (Read 2213 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kern Miller gone
« on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »
has joined Spalding United.

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Kern Miller gone
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
Sad to see him go although there were rumours of his likely departure well before the end of the season.

Looking at the form since the arrival of John Sands, fourteen points from a possible thirty,  would put us mid-table so let's hope for some new blood that is better than those that have departed.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:52:09 AM »
Disappointing to see the lad go.  Not the most stylish of players on the ball, but 100% commitment and could put a bit of stick about when needed.  Oh well onwards and upwards.

That's 4 departures  with nothing new coming in thus far.  In Setch we trust as I am sure he has it all in hand.  Must say of the 4 who have gone so far  Miller is really the first disappointment.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:24:57 AM »
Miller is a big loss at the back. He was a decent central defender with some authority about him which IMO is exactly what you need at this level. He also played very well together with Matt C which clearly helped him to settle at this level.

Travel was an issue for Kern in more recent months. Not easy to get from King's Lynn back to Lincoln after evening games and training. I wish him well at Spalding.

It's still early days into the summer, and I think regarding squad building Setch is going about it the right way by getting as many of last season's squad back on board first. It shows that he's known who he wants to keep, and should (in theory) make his job easier identifying targets to fill vacant positions rather than going after a load of new players then shaping the squad around them.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:14:32 AM »
Not a real surprise but still a loss but he is a journey man

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »
Can't say I am really surprised as his record suggests that he is a bit of a footballing nomad but a good player who as others have said brought some authority to our defence.....Hope now that Setch' will play Ryan alongside Matty, with ideally, Simon Bird coming in at right back.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 08:52:35 PM »
I spoke to him tonight, he is still on holiday and says a deal has not yet been done with any club.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »
Spalding United FC ‏@spaldingunited
Huge Tulipsville "WELCOME" to both Kern Miller..................