Author Topic: Breaking News  (Read 23268 times)

Mark

• View Profile
Re: Breaking News
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
just heard it on the radio seems to have ambitious plans for the club

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 01:18:51 PM »
Backie - I would not dream of speaking for most supporters but I guess like me, many are still in a state of shock tinged with many other emotions....We all want what is best for the club but what we don't want is a Histon type roller coaster of a few years of over performance followed by one of rapid decline and Stephen has ahd to date, let's call it, a colourful business career....As I have posted separately the jury is and will be out for a while but I approach this potentally very exciting new era with an open mind - as my primary wish as always is for a succesful, sustainable club - on and off the field!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 01:31:54 PM »
be interested to hear what someone like New Recruit as to say on the latest news.  he appears to be someone who has been around the club for a number of years and has a fair insight into all the problems that have gone before.

So NR... Good Move for the Club, a safe pair of hands do you feel ?

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 01:33:25 PM »
Great news for all who follow KLFC, might be a roller coaster ,at least now a chance for everyone to be connected to all parts of club,look forward to more news,im IN.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »
Backie - I would not dream of speaking for most supporters but I guess like me, many are still in a state of shock tinged with many other emotions....We all want what is best for the club but what we don't want is a Histon type roller coaster of a few years of over performance followed by one of rapid decline and Stephen has ahd to date, let's call it, a colourful business career....As I have posted separately the jury is and will be out for a while but I approach this potentally very exciting new era with an open mind - as my primary wish as always is for a succesful, sustainable club - on and off the field!
well said ..... we all want the best for the club.........exciting times we hope

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
Lets hope for the future that the new owner fully embraces the fans and we end up with a club of total transparency.  Something the fans have no been privy to for some years.

On paper the guy has a very chequered  history, and looks to have been involved in some well dodgy practises. If he has turned over a new leaf, as he claims then people should give him the benefit of the doubt.  My checklist on what I would like to se is as follows.  Please feel free to add

1. A seat on the Board for the fans
2. Total transparency on all matters
3. A Budget that is fit for purpose for the standard of this club and the level of football we are playing at.
4. A contract fro Setch for say 2 years.
5. The same for Backie
6. A proper catering set-up at the club for match days.
7. Tazzy to be made CEO

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 01:46:10 PM »
History is history. More recently what he has achieved with The George at Cley is quite remarkable. I have a lot of respect for Backie and as he has spoken to the man and is impressed then that is good enough for me. Not coming from the area but having lived here a long time I totally agree with the local mindset of 'you speak as you find'.

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
Was just wondering what Buster has sold, as the ground is owned by the council.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
History can teach us a lot Tazzy.  Also History has a tendency to repeat itself.  Where would be now if it was wasn't for the Likes Of Arthur Harris.  Then again on the other side of the coin, let him without sin cast the first stone etc etc.

The jury is very much out, but it is in the man's own hands how things will develop. 

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 01:52:03 PM »
Buster has sold the Business of KLTFC which has great potential of going places if run like a football club and business,dont worry about buster he has done ok from club wish him luck and lets all move on.

GrahamB

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:17 PM »
I dont think he has "done as well out of the club" as you might think, this is Kings Lynn not Old Trafford. He has served the club well and put it on a sound footing now its someone else's turn/chance to take it to the next level ....... hopefully!

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 02:12:33 PM »
Should we get promoted there should be no problem getting the champagne  :cheers:

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 02:16:31 PM »
At last, he's gone.  Good riddance I say.  At least this new owner appears to be interested in football and recognises that investment is needed if we are going to progress.   Colourful characters can be exciting and hopefully he will acknowledge the importance of involving fans more than the previous owner did.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 02:26:06 PM »
Didn't take long for some one to say good riddance  Typical  -  IMO Buster has done an excellent job  on securing the club from where it was when he took it over  to where it is now - lets turn the page over and look forward to the next Chapter

GrahamB

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
Wing  there will always be the sour grape brigade who will never admit the Buster was the better man and that his business attributes have put the club on a sound footing for others to build on.Contrary to certain beliefs he became passionate about football he loved the club purely because he wants to win and succeed . But onwards and upwards a new dawn beckons