Author Topic: Breaking News  (Read 24409 times)

ChelseaboiKLTFC

• View Profile
Re: Breaking News
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
Chelsea Fan as well so i will give him the benefit of the doubt  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Neil Timms

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 10:50:07 PM »
So, firstly I will take on board all the comments like "you haven't been around for years' and "you are just bitter". I haven't been around but I am certainly not bitter. Whilst I have been very quiet and not been to games I have kept a very close eye on the situation at the club. In my opinion the sale of the club to Stephen Cleeve has to be the worst news I have heard in a very long time. I am not surprised that Buster went back on his promise made personally to me that the trust would have first refusal if he decided to sell his interest. What disappoints me is that he has decided to sell to a character that has been rejected by at least two clubs that we know of, maybe there is a reason for that?. It shows a total disrespect for the club and its supporters. For those that are saying 'its a new dawn', it certainly is! Be careful what you wish for!!Maybe Mr Cleeve will enter into a meaningful dialogue with the trust, I for one hope that is the case. Sadly I'm not holding my breath. For those that still believe that supporters should have no say in the running of their club please be very careful. Do not be drawn along with the 'ra ra ra' brigade. You will be sold out again, just like Mr Chapman has done to you. Apologies to Admin if this is deemed inflammatory, it isn't meant that way.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
Have I not read that a promise given and accepted is a verbal contract?.Not sure on this but just asking.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2016, 07:41:35 AM »
Mr Timms I find your outlook very sad but you maybe right all a really care about is that I have I team to go and watch

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 08:03:51 AM »
Mr Timms I find your outlook very sad but you maybe right all a really care about is that I have I team to go and watch
I agree with you

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »
I agree with MA and Loopy

You support the club through thick and thin. Not just a version of the club you approve of ,when it suits you

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
So much negativity and dare I say perhaps likely to make Mr Cleeve defensive in his attitude and approach to supporters? We all, rightly, hold opinions and as I have already posted Mr Cleeve does appear to have had a colourful business career thus far - to put it mildly. But we used to have a rule of law in this country along the lines of innocent until proven guilty? So surely it is wrong and ultimately self defeating two days in, to prejudge his intentions and the likely outcome...........................?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »
Thankfully a few voices of reason. I have read all the items that Linnet 1968 and Fenman have put on this thread and I have to say what point are they trying to make? There is nothing wrong with selling memorabilia etc. Yes he got turned down by Wrexham because they preferred somebody else. He had a run in with the DTI and eventually lost when he ran out of money. He was leading 2-0 at the time!! More importantly it is several years ago and for our supporters it is what he has achieved at the George Hotel in the last 3 yearsis much more important, if he can achieve similar with our club then everyone will be happy. GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 11:47:44 AM »
Seemingly some want him to fail?

Frontman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2016, 12:20:51 PM »
Well, Tazzi!!  He certainly s a wheeler dealer and 'Shady' is not a good 'title' to bestow on someone!!  Chinn comes to mind and Promises; Promises; are idle talk!!
An honest, committed group of directors are the best fit; who have affinity with the Borough!!

Unfortunately over past 45 years even local people have spent moneys they don't have!
The chances of becoming a League Club is but a pipedream unless he is a multi millionaire that can create a full time player Club!!
Certainly you would need more than 800 gates from a rural environment!

And often these 'Chancers' throw money at it and disappear back home far from the Town when the proverbial hits the FAN!!!  Ala; Bobbins and Chinn!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2016, 12:29:53 PM »
Rod I don't get the impression that people WANT him to fail.  More they thing he will fail.   Owners come and go, as do players and indeed managers.  It has to be all about the club.  I just hope upon hope that a Body ( be it the Trust and others) are firmly in place so IF he does fail then there is a group of people there ready to catch the club before it falls through the trap door, as it did before.

Non League Football has been littered over the years with guys coming in with big ideas who are going to do this that and the other, League Football is the aim.   Not many have made it stick.   We only have to look at somewhere like Rushden & Diamonds and the wealthy Max Griggs.  Look how that has ended up.  They don't even have a ground to call their own.  Kettering is another, Histon.

If this guy makes it then he becomes a hero in The history of Lynn football Club, If he fails.  Well he just joins a long list of those who tried. 

Personally I think it is going to be an interesting ride. How long a ride ?  Who Knows.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2016, 12:47:25 PM »
Time wil be the facter but i for one am ready to embrace what Steve may bring to the club,the least he deserves is a warm welcome and a chance to show us what his intentions are.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2016, 12:54:44 PM »
We are where we are Frontman and comparing him to Mr Bobbins, who was once a customer of mine, and who made a few mistakes and errors of judgement, i.e. Mr Chinn, who I also new of when I was in business, and was a very dodgy character indeed, likening him to the new owner is ridiculous. This man has put his money where his mouth is, so to speak, and has to be given a chance, we have no other option. As he lives in Cley he has not got far to run.
Mallard why is he going to fail? He has been very successful in his current business and if he can carry that over to the club, happy days.
We don't always agree Sworn but I am with you there, definitely, another voice of reason.

GrahamB

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »
It appears in some quarters the knife has been pulled out of Busters back and plunged into his successors without him being given a chance. It seems the anti brigade just move victims. Who knows who will be proven right or wrong,its early days lets sit back and see before passing any premature judgements.