Author Topic: IV Geezers. Part 2 Fotl related  (Read 2480 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
IV Geezers. Part 2 Fotl related
« on: May 15, 2022, 02:03:47 AM »
Anyone going?
Please support any events put on to help the club.
Or just sit back and say the friends do nothing to try to raise funds.  :welcome:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: IV Geezers. Part 2 Fotl related
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 03:34:24 AM »
Anyone going?
Or just sit back and say the friends do nothing to try to raise funds.  :welcome:

And do nothing for the fans :cheers: :cheers:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 10:48:44 AM »
Anyone going?

I take the point and would agree that it would be great if events were well supported but maybe bands are not the thing people want to support?  Hopefully a change in genre will provide a change in fortunes but if not then maybe alternative events are the way to go.  Appreciate it is still a bit 'chicken and egg' - the FotL needs to expand it's membership / relevance but without successful, well attended events, whether they be band nights, quizzes or whatever, it will struggle to do so.  Unfortunately the current financial situation for many households, that is only likely to get worse during next season, isn't really going to help things.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 02:03:05 PM »
Anyone going?

I take the point and would agree that it would be great if events were well supported but maybe bands are not the thing people want to support?  Hopefully a change in genre will provide a change in fortunes but if not then maybe alternative events are the way to go.  Appreciate it is still a bit 'chicken and egg' - the FotL needs to expand it's membership / relevance but without successful, well attended events, whether they be band nights, quizzes or whatever, it will struggle to do so.  Unfortunately the current financial situation for many households, that is only likely to get worse during next season, isn't really going to help things.

I agree, its a difficult one. All the Fotls committee can do is to keep trying.

As you mention, the current financial situation won't help. I believe it could well have a bigger impact on people's lives in the coming months than some currently  realise.

Hopefully these events are well attended and people such as John are supported in their efforts. If that's not the case, I don't think it can just be put down to people not supporting the Club. Many will have more important things on their minds at the moment.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 08:08:38 PM »
In fairness it seemed that when Malc took over as Chairman it seemed like a new, forward thinking FOTL was upon us.  Since then it’s been a bit of a damp squid.  Even a basic thing like an online membership was beyond them, this despite several assurances it was on its way.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 08:30:41 PM »
Can we just concentrate on the coming event and discuss the FOTL somewhere else, trying to put a positive across here! :banghead; :banghead;

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 09:09:37 PM »
John, what you are attempting to do is very positive, and you know I wish you every success with it.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 07:29:05 AM »
Mal nobody feels that more than me I did try but was let down so I stopped trying and had for the damp squid the up coming event at the football club wil be our  third event we will have put on that’s hardly doing nothing has you are surgesting

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 10:31:57 AM »
Mal nobody feels that more than me I did try but was let down so I stopped trying and had for the damp squid the up coming event at the football club wil be our  third event we will have put on that’s hardly doing nothing has you are surgesting

Just keep at it Malcolm. Its a Marathon, not a sprint.

:scarf:

Birc1959

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 10:02:23 AM »
TONYM  there are no exact choice of genre, music, etc. But being a member of a regular social club involving live music, this is definitely the best choice out there to get punters in...they have a hard core off  followers and guarantee a decent turnout.. Well done everyone involved 👏👏👏

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 12:40:39 PM »
In fairness it seemed that when Malc took over as Chairman it seemed like a new, forward thinking FOTL was upon us.  Since then it’s been a bit of a damp squid.  Even a basic thing like an online membership was beyond them, this despite several assurances it was on its way.

Sorry to disappoint Mallard,the guy who was dealing with the online membership left the comeittee,as soon as I can get it arranged it should be on the club page! Until then if people wish to join they will have to to do it the old fashioned way,fill in a form and either post it or hand it to a committee member.If needs be I can post a form to people with a stamped addressed envelope or possibly walk to their home? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »

Sorry to disappoint Mallard,the guy who was dealing with the online membership left the comeittee,as soon as I can get it arranged it should be on the club page! Until then if people wish to join they will have to to do it the old fashioned way,fill in a form and either post it or hand it to a committee member.If needs be I can post a form to people with a stamped addressed envelope or possibly walk to their home? :sad: :sad: :sad:

John. Wroxham is a long way to walk.   :laughcry:

If you undertake that, would you like me to sponsor you?   :laughcry:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 01:10:46 PM »
TONYM  there are no exact choice of genre, music, etc. But being a member of a regular social club involving live music, this is definitely the best choice out there to get punters in...they have a hard core off  followers and guarantee a decent turnout.. Well done everyone involved 👏👏👏

Appreciate we all have different tastes, I wouldn't imagine we would pack out the B&G with my choice of music and pleased to hear that you think IV Geezers are a good choice and should get a crowd in which is what we would all like to see.  I guess this is the sort of band we are looking for with their 'own' following rather than having to rely on FotL members, hopefully those who go will enjoy themselves and the B&G can become a viable venue on the local music scene.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 01:29:30 PM »

Appreciate we all have different tastes, I wouldn't imagine we would pack out the B&G with my choice of music and pleased to hear that you think IV Geezers are a good choice and should get a crowd in which is what we would all like to see.  I guess this is the sort of band we are looking for with their 'own' following rather than having to rely on FotL members, hopefully those who go will enjoy themselves and the B&G can become a viable venue on the local music scene.

Other genres are being looked at for the future,what is your particular taste Tony? :cheers:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 01:36:21 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=862285598036996&set=a.853261338939422

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal