Author Topic: Calling all supporters and fans of King's Lynn  (Read 4355 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Calling all supporters and fans of King's Lynn
« on: May 18, 2022, 07:04:38 PM »
The new CEO Barrie Pierpoint would like to invite you all to an open meeting on Monday 6 June 2022, at 18:30 in the Blue and Gold Bar.
If you plan to attend please can you email digital@KLTown.co.uk quoting "WILL ATTEND" in the subject line?

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all supporters and fans of King's Lynn
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:26:37 PM »
If you plan to attend please can you email digital@KLTown.co.uk quoting "WILL ATTEND" in the subject line?

Any idea what having to register (ie send an email) is all about?

If people don't send an e-mail, will they be refused entry?   :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 07:37:05 PM »
What a positive step.  Having the new CEO and The Owner  at a fans meeting.  All credit to BP he’s not letting that grass grow.

Will there be a loose agenda for the evening ?  Wonder if there is any chance it could be streamed ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 09:12:53 AM »
What a positive step.  Having the new CEO and The Owner  at a fans meeting.  All credit to BP he’s not letting that grass grow.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mallard. You appear to be more excited about BP coming on board than you are about TW leading us on a promotion challenge for next season!   :dontknow:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 09:13:21 AM »

Any idea what having to register (ie send an email) is all about?

If people don't send an e-mail, will they be refused entry?   :dontknow:
Possibly to get an "idea" on numbers ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 10:15:31 AM »

Mallard. You appear to be more excited about BP coming on board than you are about TW leading us on a promotion challenge for next season!   :dontknow:

We have had plenty of false dawns on the commercial side previously so to see someone with the background and experience that BP brings to the party it’s reason enough to think SC might be onto something with him.  Mind it has taken 5 years to get someone of the right stature.

As for TW, for me the jury is out.  He has massive boots to fill this season.  I don’t see anything on his CV to suggest that we have another title winning Manager on our hands.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 11:00:24 AM »

We have had plenty of false dawns on the commercial side previously so to see someone with the background and experience that BP brings to the party it’s reason enough to think SC might be onto something with him.  Mind it has taken 5 years to get someone of the right stature.

As for TW, for me the jury is out.  He has massive boots to fill this season.  I don’t see anything on his CV to suggest that we have another title winning Manager on our hands.

Maybe, but during the short time he has been here, especially with what he inherited, I think TW has proven that he's at least equal to the previous Management team when it comes to getting the best out of what he has to work with.

As far as BP is concerned, no such big boots to fill! In reality he can only take anything to do with the commercial side of the club in one direction!

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 12:08:50 PM »
At last a bright spot with Barry Pierpoint coming on board, but wil he  be given full
reign to do his job. I believe it be one of his biggest jobs yet to get all the lost contacts
in the town over the past years , plus what Mark Hearle ha built up, but I wish him
all the very best to get some good feeling back to the club which has been missing of late.
        some one was saying that he is not letting the grass grow under his feet, talking
grass up on till Wed when I last looked nothing what so ever had been done to the pitch
what a lost opportunity to get the seed in early the to give it a good chanch to get strong
growth, and with all the rain we are getting  it might be just me. Or we might be getting a
3 G pitch ?.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 02:30:00 PM »
With regard to the pitch 47 maybe they are waiting until the 4 outdoor concerts have finished before setting sail into the pitch?   No point in reseeding etc before that is there.  Mind May is your best growing month.

As for BP I can’t see where Mark Hearle is in the same League as this guy.  Not really sure that the job was Mark’s forte. 

Be interesting to see if Barry can keep the anonymous stand Sponsor for next season.  Now that would be a challenge.

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 03:17:18 PM »
Mallard Yes I aggree Mark Hearle is not in BPs league like it or not he knew the local area well
and he got some good contacts in the council, clearly one very contact as he got a job there.
I guess you are taking the rise about the pitch but this must have been one of the earlies times
we have had to reseeded early and get well rooted

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 03:40:58 PM »
No not taking the ride.  If planning permission comes through PDQ then nothing stopping the Ckub getting a couple of gigs on there next month or is the idea for next season. 

Didn’t realise MH had gone to work at the Council. Hopefully a job more suited to his skill set. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 04:16:47 PM »
At last a bright spot with Barry Pierpoint coming on board, but wil he  be given full
reign to do his job. I believe it be one of his biggest jobs yet to get all the lost contacts
in the town over the past years , plus what Mark Hearle ha built up, but I wish him
all the very best to get some good feeling back to the club which has been missing of late.
        some one was saying that he is not letting the grass grow under his feet, talking
grass up on till Wed when I last looked nothing what so ever had been done to the pitch
what a lost opportunity to get the seed in early the to give it a good chanch to get strong
growth, and with all the rain we are getting  it might be just me. Or we might be getting a
3 G pitch ?.

Surely someone of BP's experience will be given full reign to do his job.

A47, do you have doubts that will be the case?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2022, 07:50:36 PM »
Think this appointment says some hard lessons have been learnt there.   Surely someone with the experience of Barrie will be given license to reconstruct all aspects off the field without interference from the owner.

Birc1959

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 05:53:41 AM »
Quality appointment imo, let’s face it if he at least covers the “major sponsor” cloud, that will be success in my book, and anything further after will be a bonus🙏

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 05:43:36 PM »
Quality appointment imo, let’s face it if he at least covers the “major sponsor” cloud, that will be success in my book, and anything further after will be a bonus🙏

I noticed in the Lynn News from a couple of weeks ago that a previous "major (shirt) sponsor" is now involved with speedway. First time they've done that as far as I am aware.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal