Author Topic: Cinderford  (Read 5313 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Cinderford
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:05:34 PM »
Looks like Cinderford are going to turn down promotion, so does that mean a reprieve for Stamford as the club with the most points per game across the relegated step 3 clubs?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Neil Timms

• View Profile
Re: Cinderford
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »
Are you really concerned about Cinderford after todays bombshell? :banghead; :banghead;

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:12:11 PM »
More interested in Stamford.
Is it a bombshell or just a move out of the frying pan and . . .
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Neil Timms

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:39 PM »
Fair point......As you may know I have not been Mr Chapman's greatest fan but i do think this latest move is absolutely appalling. It is well documented that Mr Cleeve has had problems (chooses words carefully!). Is this an owner that KLFC should welcome blindly?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »
Fair point......As you may know I have not been Mr Chapman's greatest fan but i do think this latest move is absolutely appalling. It is well documented that Mr Cleeve has had problems (chooses words carefully!). Is this an owner that KLFC should welcome blindly?

Seems we have little option.

Neil Timms

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:21:34 PM »
There is always an option Jesus, just maybe not the option that is obvious

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 08:04:36 AM »
There is always an option Jesus, just maybe not the option that is obvious
another campaign of vote with your feet

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:17 AM »
The guy has an iffy past.  That's a given.  Maybe it is better this time for the fans to be inside the tent spitting out than outside the tent trying to spit in.  Then when it does go tits up there is a safety net underneath for any fall out.

In the short term we should maybe ride the train until it hits the buffers, which many think it will. New owner, fresh impetus will hopefully drag a good few of the fans back that The Chapman regime lost.  Surely anything that does that has to be a plus.

Well will This ownership end ?  I don't think there will be any prizes for guessing the answer to that one. 

It might be an enjoyable ride, even if it is a relatively short one.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 09:29:27 AM »
What have we really got to worry about, he cannot sell the ground, he will not make any money from running a football club at this level. In his business dealings in Norfolk he has done a pretty decent job. He has also tried to get Buster to sell for three years.
Why should he fail? The club has been run very well financially for the last six years and over the last few months Setch has given the supporters a lot of what  they wanted, youth teams, a ladies team and great links to the community. Le t us see what Setch has to say after his meeting with the new owner.
Mr Timms if you stop banging your head against the wall it does not hurt anymore!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 09:41:13 AM »
Tazzy, Of course the guy should be given a chance.   My hope is that this time a safety net is in place below him, to protect the club from any fall out at some point in the future.  Not a bad idea, would you not think ?

The Guy has said ( Todays EDP)  that Buster wasn't a Football man but he is.    He has indicated he is prepared in the short term to put his Money where his mouth is and wants Football League status.   He is going to try and do something that no one in HISTORY ( back to that work again Tazzy) has ever achieved at this Club.  That's the Long term aim ( if he is around that long)  Short term he wants Play-offs this coming season.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
For me and as I have said previously, the jury is still out, I would rather at this stage, unlike some it would seem, concentrate on the positives and let's see how or if they develop.

To paraphrase....................'The Premier League has lost its sole'. 'I intend meeting with the B&G Trust'. 'Why are their two supporters groups'? 'The club should be aiming higher'..........I have always believed that in the main over my many of supporting the Linnets that we have generally underperformed compared to our potential......So all of that to me makes excellent sense but making it all happen of course is another matter but who knows......nobody at this stage?!

I say......give the man a chance!!

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 10:57:32 AM »
Evesham have been successful in their appeal, meaning that the leagues all revert to their original projections from a few weeks ago.

Cinderford are placed back in the Southern Premier, with Corby moving back into the Northern Premier and Stamford relegated back into NPL Division 1 South.

Makes me wonder if Cinderford will consider resigning from the Southern League now if they really think they can't afford Premier Division football?

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/top-stories/evesham-united-win-appeal-against-league-allocation.html

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/stamfordafc/news/daniels-reprieve-overturned-1630089.html

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 11:06:34 AM »
Will Kern Miller fancy dropping down a level or could we entice him back ? 

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »
Could be a dilemma for a number of their recent signings, Mallard. Sam had already signed before any of this started, but for the likes of Kern and Andy Hall amongst others, had Stamford pitched to them as a step 3 or step 4 club?

Also have to feel sorry for Corby. The whole lie of the land regarding signings has changed for us over the years when we have been switched north/south, so for them to be moved then moved back again so soon has probably done them no favours at all.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 11:50:47 AM »
We have had it Robbo over the years, North then south.  Thankfully we are now in the South as I feel its more of a 'softer' league and games are less of a physical battle.  When Heggs was the man in charge in built a team based on physical presence for the Northern league and after a few games and a few changes it worked.   Was more of a muck and nettles sort of league.