Author Topic: Clunan Stays.  (Read 1926 times)

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Clunan Stays.
« on: June 25, 2022, 11:52:14 AM »
 :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Clunan Stays.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 12:10:03 PM »
:scarf:

Good news indeed. Whatever it cost to keep him, has to be worth it.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 12:35:10 PM »
I make it Clunan takes the squad to 16.   SC said there is two new signings nearly over the line, so will we run with 18 ?   
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 12:44:35 PM »
I make it Clunan takes the squad to 16.   SC said there is two new signings nearly over the line, so will we run with 18 ?

Presumably the 18 player squad includes Altintop, Charles, Knowles and Fleming. Would you consider them as starters in the new season.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 01:38:26 PM »
Depends on what the ambition is.  I have to say I feel
Slightly underwhelmed by the close season.  Certainly no excitement in terms of signings.   Is SC really serious about a promotion push, or just talking the talk ?

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 11:51:10 AM »
Great news Clunan is staying at Lynn. I wonder who the two new signings are? and will that be enough for a push for promotion.  :scarf:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 03:36:27 AM »
I think it’s to early to be thinking off promotion a mid table would suit me then push for promotion the season after when bye then we should have a more settled side

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 06:18:33 AM »
Settled Malc !!.  The 18 were here last season.  We haven’t signed anyone new for next season.  How much more settled do you want than that?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 06:49:31 AM »
Yes mall you are right but there will be more new faces coming in what I should have said a side that’s used to winning more matches and could hold its own in the higher league

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 02:10:33 PM »
Great news that Clunan is staying.  Club has put itself in a difficult position, by staying full-time this has raised expectations that we are looking to go straight back up but all the off the field previously are still with us and unlikely BP can sort all of them out before the end of the season.  Realistically a mid-table / top half finish would be a good result and then look to sort the squad out next summer preferably with good part-time players rather than those who are full-time but probably shouldn't be.

As for the squad this season, I still think we are carrying one too many defenders although maybe we will look to loan out at least one of Fleming/Altintop if McFadden is fully fit.  Midfield, even with the addition of Clunan looks paper thin and hopefully the departure of Sundire will mean we are getting one, if not two, proper NLN standard players to play alongside Micheal.  Forwards too look weak but not sure there will be the budget to bring a quality signing in, maybe TW is hoping that playing against a lower standard of opposition means that some combination of Omotayo, Barrett, Charles and Walker can produce enough goals, personally I have my doubts.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 02:28:06 PM »
As I have said previously, Aaron Jones can play as RB, RWB or as Midfielder similar to Michael Clunan. He has rarely been used in such a role but showed he can in his Trial before he signed for Lynn. That could even up the imbalance of Defenders/Midfield.
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 04:27:24 PM »
Think it would be good if we could get Brett signed now he has been released by Ipswich.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2022, 06:10:03 PM »
As I have said previously, Aaron Jones can play as RB, RWB or as Midfielder similar to Michael Clunan. He has rarely been used in such a role but showed he can in his Trial before he signed for Lynn. That could even up the imbalance of Defenders/Midfield.

Not sure TW favoured a back 3 and moving Aaron into midfield would probably mean having to start Fleming at right back, might work for a game or two to cover injury / suspension but wouldn't be my choice as plan A for the season.

GS - as much as Brett improved under TW (thought he was poor under IC) I just think we need a bit more experience in the heart of midfield and after last season I felt the club really needed half a dozen new faces to freshen up / improve the squad, doesn't look like we will get that many changes but still think any now added should be new to the club, TW was in recruitment prior to coming to Lynn so should have some contacts

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal