Author Topic: Chairman Buster  (Read 11641 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Chairman Buster
« on: November 03, 2015, 08:19:34 AM »
 The word in Speedway Circles is that Buster is about to become Chairman of The BSPA.  This is The British Speedway Promotors Association.  In effect Buster will be the top man in British Speedway.  A massive feather in his cap and he will get the opportunity to shape the future of the Sport in this Country.

What has this to do with Kings Lynn FC ? I hear you say.... Well with this full on job ( IF it happens, It should be comfirmed in the next week or so)  where does that leave Buster  with regard to the club ?

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Chairman Buster
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »
I can't see why it would make any difference to the club as setch is running the club as G M and making a good job of it

GrahamB

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:46:23 AM »
I would guess that Setch's appointment was in anticipation of Busters forthcoming appointment, therefore safeguarding and improving the day to day running of KLTFC ........ failing to plan is planning to fail

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »
all seems to make sense to me  and Good luck to Buster if it happens.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »
http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29757

Take from the BSPA website

Big Congrats to Buster..  The man who will be taking British Speedway Forward.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 10:14:22 AM »
ďItís a challenge I am relishing already and I particularly canít wait to start working with the young, British riders to try and enhance the sport in this country.Ē

Seems to me to be confirming his belief in a Youth policy in both Sports that he is involved in.

Exciting times for Speedway!
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 10:54:38 AM »
There is a big difference.  In Speedway, in this country there is a massive Shortage of riders, In fact some riders are having to ride for 3 different teams ( yes, its true).  The sport in this Country is totally reliant on riders from Overseas.  The owners are having to fly these riders in from all over Europe for a meeting then they fly them back home the next day.  It is very costly.  So the idea is to develop British Riders.  A big new rider development centre has been formed in Norfolk, just outside Dereham

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
A big new rider development centre has been formed in Norfolk, just outside Dereham

Is he involved with that as well?
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 12:22:21 PM »
Not sure that Buster will have any day to day Interest in this, but as the new head of Speedway in this country he will certainly have some input.  It is being run by one fo the main sponsors at Kings Lynn Speedway.

I would say with this new role Buster has been elected to, he will have his hands fairly full.  Its good that he has someone like Setch to now take control of the football Club. 

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 07:35:20 PM »
Maybe now is the time for Buster to move on? has acheived much at kltfc but has got his hands full elswhere.

GrahamB

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 08:21:36 PM »
Do you not realise that is why he appointed. Setch into that position! Why should he go anywhere?  Who have you do you think would replace him Ridiculous comment imo

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 08:36:15 PM »
More like a  response with tunnel vision. 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »
I second that Graham b ridiculous statement

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 10:01:01 AM »
now setch is running the club on and off the field, i hope that  all revenues taken by the club , are at his disposal? thereby giving him the best chance of doing a proper job.

and before anyone jumps in, it has been said in the past, that the bar and catering take went outside of the football club.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 04:41:33 PM »
Has been stated in the past that playing budget is the total from gate money and nothing more, that still leaves if the case a lot of income generated from the CLUB ,we know there is a lot of expenses involved in travel.ins,energy bills etc but i am sure without business detail this is a concern of more than a few supporters that dont attend as regular as they might.Still think Setch is right man for job!