Author Topic: Dylan Edge  (Read 2346 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Dylan Edge
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:30:37 AM »
Despite last nights result it was good to hear that Young Edge scored his first ( of many) Goal for the team.  Will he get a run in the team now or still be throw on from the bench.

robbo84

• View Profile
Re: Dylan Edge
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »
It's a shame we couldn't get another round or two out of the competition. A great way of getting minutes into the younger lads and certainly the likes of Friend, Edge, Bird, Castellan and Liam Fryatt have really embraced that opportunity.

Maybe a little naivety in not seeing out a game we appeared to be really comfortable in, but it all comes with experience. Histon were still practically at full strength when you compare their XI to those that played against us in the league.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 12:01:39 PM »
Histon at full strength minus 1 so a good performance by the Lynn team. Setch was chuffed that Histon put out such a strong side to give the young lads a good workout although I expect he was a bit disappointed with the result. IMO Matty Castellan and Dylan Edge stood out  and I thought Birdy was doing well before injury. In the second half some of the lay offs from Dylan were excellent but the shooting was poor. If Dylan could have made those passes to himself we probably would have won easily. That's a bit tongue in cheek maybe bbut the passes were that good.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 12:52:11 PM »
Excellent experience and although a disappointing result - the sort of inconsistency that will occur with so many youngsters in the team....Though coiincidence or not we seemed to start to lose our grip on mid field and the game when Clunan replaced Smith, who energised our mid field and supported the attack well.......We could and should have sown the game up in the first 15 minutes of the second half with Toby being particularly wasteful....I thought that all the youngsters did well, including Jack Frohawk, who made some excellent runs and illustrated just how potent his pace can be, but for me once again the stand out performance before he went off injured was that of Simon Bird, who shows so much composure when under pressure and hardly ever seems to misplace a pass............He does the simple and logical stuff so effectively without over playing or trying to be too clever.