Author Topic: Linnets retain top spot  (Read 3778 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Linnets retain top spot
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2022, 05:56:53 PM »
One thing I have noticed recently, is the amount of younger people attending.
Seem to be a lot of under 18's. The club must encourage these new wave of supporters to continue to attend. They are the future, maybe a special rate season ticket for 18-21 year olds.

Jesus. It's like Policemen.

They're not getting younger, we're all getting older!   :laughcry:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 06:02:56 PM »
You are spot on Jesus.  These youngster need to be encouraged.  They are the future.

John, anything that can be done to get more bodies through the gate has to be tried. 800 plus for a Club like ours who need 1400 to meet budgets only means one thing.   SC has now seen he needs to attract investment into the Club to lessen the load on himself.  Does that mean he has now accepted he can’t pull in the required number through the gate?

Reading the front page of today’s NLP gives a little insight into fans patterns of attending games and how it is going to impact on Non League Football.  By no means a disaster but certainly indicates that gates will fall, as will monies spent inside the grounds.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 06:08:32 PM »
Mallard, you are right, anyone who brought a season ticket shouldn’t lose out, that wouldn’t be fair.

I think being fair only comes into it if the season ticket holders objected to it. I'm of the belief that many season ticket holders buy their tickets to assist the club, rather than because of the financial benefit they gain by paying up front for all league games.

Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if the majority had no objection to it if it assisted the Club.

Malcolm has already been asked the question, so although he's only one, it could start to give us some idea.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 06:25:17 PM »
Think you will find Boston had 1600 plus yesterday.  Almost double Lynn’s gate. 

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2022, 06:27:51 PM »

And got hammered again!  :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2022, 07:05:52 PM »

And got hammered again!  :laughcry:

Maybe we should trying losing a few.  :dontknow:

:laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2022, 07:17:10 PM »
Culverhouse is working with Cox’s team.   I guess you have to judge when he has his own team in place.  Like our Tommy’ has now.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2022, 07:23:26 PM »
In respect of yesterdays poor gate, that was on a dry, sunny afternoon. What would it have been if it was pouring down with rain or freezing cold. They are the sort of gates that are around the corner once winter sets in.

jetmanpaul

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 06:20:17 AM »
One of the reasons there could be less fans is what someone has mentioned already in that they have found something else to do on a Saturday since the COVID lockdown, which is the case with me and at least 2 other people I know, not something else to do, but I lost my job and my new job is now in Wales and I was a season ticket holder, I manage to get to get to a couple of home games a season when I come back to visit family, but have been to more away games i.e Chester, Wrexham, Curszon Ashton, etc so I think there are  a lot more reasons than just the owner keeping people away.  Even if I was living in Lynn now, it the team that matters most, like managers owner come and go but loyalties are to the 11 players that wear the shirt when they take to the pitch (coming back to Lynn for FA cup game, can't wait and hopefully see us win)

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2022, 05:42:27 PM »
Lynn’s deserved victory on Saturday was the first time I have seen them live since before COVID struck. I live in Leicestershire so in the past 12 years have watched them more away than at The Walks. They certainly try to play football in a constructive way, creating chances and providing good entertainment value.
They have a strong physical spine to the team - reliable goalkeeper, tough and uncompromising centre-backs and a big, strong striker - all essential elements at their level.  There is also plenty of skill around them. They all seem prepared to battle for each other - a good indication of team spirit.
Fans want to see good football, total commitment and a winning team. All those are in place to my mind so you would expect attendances to rise.  However, it must be remembered this follows a depressing relegation, some fans being opposed to the present control of the club, the cost of living crisis and of course the aftermath of the pandemic.
It would be helpful if the admission prices were lower. It will be interesting to see what response Saturday’s reduction receives.
One thing that was good to see last Saturday was the decent number of youngsters in attendance. Hopefully they will tell their friends and more will start supporting the Linnets - just as I did in the 1960s.

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2022, 06:24:05 PM »
Nice post Colin. It was in the late 60’s when I started going. My father (Charlie Hardy) who used to go every week started taking me. He would often reminisce about the Everton game.
We have got a very promising team and Tommy is very passionate. The last two seasons were a step too good for what we had. Everyone are certainly enjoying the football being produced now. This Saturday’s pricing means it’s a much more affordable family afternoons entertainment. Personally, I think it should remain just £1 for children, even if that means with a paying adult, but ideally just £1 regardless.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2022, 07:30:15 PM »
One of the reasons there could be less fans is what someone has mentioned already in that they have found something else to do on a Saturday since the COVID lockdown, which is the case with me and at least 2 other people I know, not something else to do, but I lost my job and my new job is now in Wales and I was a season ticket holder, I manage to get to get to a couple of home games a season when I come back to visit family, but have been to more away games i.e Chester, Wrexham, Curszon Ashton, etc so I think there are  a lot more reasons than just the owner keeping people away.  Even if I was living in Lynn now, it the team that matters most, like managers owner come and go but loyalties are to the 11 players that wear the shirt when they take to the pitch (coming back to Lynn for FA cup game, can't wait and hopefully see us win)

Well said Paul, West Newton misses you, maybe see you Saturday 👍🏼👍🏼

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2022, 09:08:29 PM »
Regarding me buying a season ticket it does help the club and I don’t like queing,regarding ticket prices I do thing a mistake was made with the children’s prices after all they do put bums on seats

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2022, 09:36:51 PM »
Just seen the Chorley managers post match interview. Not very gracious in defeat and says our first goal was “clearly offside”. I’ve watched it a few times and Ponticelli looks level and given the fact there are no appeals from the Chorley players, you would have to think the referee got it right. You can see it on YouTube along with the Chorley TV highlights, which are much clearer than ours.

wearywillie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2022, 05:12:09 PM »
John H , good to read Chorley manager thought Lynn's goal to be offside. Kind of evens up the incident when Gold was pulled over in the box and then booked for                [presumably] diving. The defender that sent Aron Jones flying about 10 minutes in was very lucky to get away without a booking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal