Author Topic: Revised Blue & Gold Trust - Who, Achievements and Aims  (Read 3333 times)

linnet1968

• View Profile
Revised Blue & Gold Trust - Who, Achievements and Aims
« on: May 29, 2016, 06:04:42 PM »
A revised set of notes for the Blue & Gold Trust
Who we are, What we have achieved and Aims is on the homepage
www.thelinnets.co.uk

Along with a link to how to join and get involved.

Cheers.

kltid

• View Profile
Re: Revised Blue & Gold Trust - Who, Achievements and Aims
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 08:59:06 PM »
So this original aim seems to have been watered down somewhat.

"7. To work to secure representation for supporters in the future ownership and operation of the club."

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »
"For 7 years maintained a positive attitude towards the owner of King's Lynn Town Football Club."

Whilst I am sure this is true for the majority of Trust members, I am not sure it is entirely true to all.

Perhaps if the new owner enters into dialogue with the Trust as he intends to, things can be a lot better moving forwards. I do believe the Trust have an important part to play for the club and I hope that between them and Mr Cleeve this can be realised.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »
As someone who has always attempted to 'walk a middle line' between Buster and the Trust it has  saddened me that there has been throughout his time at the helm, seemingly unreconcilable differences between the two that has resulted in quite a few ceasing to come to games. I hope now that we can move on and all pull in the same direction and I am encouraged initially by the new owner's apparent willingness to welcome and give consideration to ideas and suggestions from all who have the best interests of the club at heart............A new beginning, perhaps? 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »
I was certainly no fan of  Busters M O at the club.  Just for Robbo' info neither am I a member of The Trust. Will be interesting to see whether the missing 400 turn up early next season. If so then if people want to play the blame game they should be able to work why they stayed away.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 09:56:27 PM »
The biggest challenge remains getting those people that are staying away to talk.

In theory those that were anti-Buster should now return, but will they, or will there be fresh reasons?

kltid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 10:45:34 PM »
The 400-500 people staying away now were here when Chapman first took over so they can hardly be classed as anti-Buster or sulking pro-Trust members, more a case of good time supporters who only turn out if Lynn are in the top two.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »
Hopefully the missing 400 will re-appear.  The danger is that now they are out of the habit of going will it be easy to change the habit.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »
If we get 200 of them back on a regular basis that would be good but I am afraid that many of them are now 'out of the habit' and / or will, as has been said, only support a succesful team..............Sadly, all weather supporter numbers continue to decline.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 08:13:34 AM »
If The new owner can really get the PR behind the opening home game of the season and The Club puts on a show ( not just the team), pre-match entertainment etc then I am sure the missing fans and others will give it a look.  If They like what they see they will be very tempted to give it another look and so it snowballs.  All down to the Mr Cleeve.  You Only get one opening home game in a season, he needs to make the most of it.  Big effort needs to be put in, speculate to accumulate and all that.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 09:06:08 AM »
Totally agree. He seems willing to listen based on what we have seen so far so the opening game should hopefully be a good target for a big gate. Hopefully that will be on the first Saturday and the team can hit the ground running.