Author Topic: NLN  (Read 1710 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
NLN
« on: November 06, 2022, 05:38:43 PM »
After all the excitement of Saturday, we now turn our attention back to our league duties.

Tuesday night sees us travelling to, and taking on Scarborough which many will expect to be a very difficult game.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: NLN
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 07:52:23 PM »
From the Scarborough website.

Scarborough Athletic welcome Kings Lynn Town to the Yorkshire Coast on Tuesday evening, in National League North action, kick off 7.45pm.

Squad Update

Boro are expected to be at full-strength following Saturday's draw with Leamington. Jake Charles remains the only long-term absentee following his surgery. Boro will be looking to continue the unbeaten home record which nears twelve months.

Boro will be hoping Kings Lynn's FA Cup hangover lingers into Tuesday, after defeating League One side Doncaster Rovers to progress to the Second Round of the FA Cup.

Tommy Widdrington's Kings Lynn side, who were top of the table until Saturday, after being dislodged by Brackley and Darlington, have lost two of their last six league fixtures, however with games in hand. This fixture between 4th and 3rd, could propel either side further ahead of the promotion pack.

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what itís all about ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 09:16:54 PM »
It was going to be a difficult game even before yesterday's fantastic performance and result. Now, who knows? We will either be still riding on the crest of that wave or there could be a bit of an understandable reaction. It will be a real test for Tommy and the squad. Fingers crossed.

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »
We have a great team with quality all over. When we are at our best we will take some stopping. We are certainly good enough to win at Scarborough. The new signing ĎOxí looked good and his long throws will cause defences problems.
Away from home to a top 4 side, you would take a draw, I think we will better that.
Does anyone know why Ross Barrows was at the Doncaster game yesterday, is he coming back?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 08:20:59 AM »
Difficult choices for TW tomorrow evening, does he rotate by bringing McFadden (and maybe Fleming) into the backline to give one or two a break, likewise Theo limped off with what looked like cramp at the weekend so could maybe benefit from not starting so a chance for AOC to get more minutes.  Up front I think I would go with Stephens over Ponts, purely on the grounds of the mileage he put in on Saturday.  Sounds like a lot of changes but squad starting to have more options with players returning to fitness and the signing of Oxlade-Chamberlain

Personally I would be more than happy to come away with a point and no injuries / suspensions

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 09:33:50 PM »
The game away to Scarborough is a massive test of TWís managerial skills.  Getting his players back down to Earth and fully focussed on the main event which is to get something on a cold wet Tuesday evening in Scarborough.

TW hasnít failed to get his team to produce many times this season.  Just looking at the League table we need to keep piling on the points.  We can do
Ourselves a lot of good tomorrow night and in turn doing Scarborough a lot of harm

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 12:14:30 PM »
I hope TW is  bold enough to pick a team capable of attacking Scarbro like they did Doncaster (and Kettering, when I think he found his best line-up).  So Barrett first name on the team sheet!  Iíd count him as part of a 4-man midfield, plying behind 2 attackers, probably Gold and Stevens.  All opinions, but Dillification is an exact science!!  COYL!  Once weíre 3-0 up we can start stodging up with extra defenders!  Very good squad assembled by TW, but crucial period approaching.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 02:50:14 PM »
Dillbert I think the Kettering lineup was the same as Gloucester away.   One size doesnít fit all

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 04:54:41 PM »
In the Gloucester game, TW  took off Barrett and Ponticelli in the 2nd half, and replaced them with Jones and Callum+ McFadden. That would have reduced our chance, and increased Gloucesterís.  Of, course that may have been due to injuries, but if it was tactical, I think it was mistaken as it took the initiative away from us.  Still, canít win Ďem all!

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 06:56:23 PM »
Dilly, there is no doubting Barrett on his day is quality. He and indeed everyone were excellent against Doncaster. We really were the better team and if we can replicate that performance we will take some stopping. The new player, AOC looked good and may get a start even, he has a huge throw to boot, as put to effective use for Goldís goal.
We will probably have defend more tonight, than we did Saturday. Iím going for a 2-1 win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal