Author Topic: First round to the Linnets.  (Read 2253 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
First round to the Linnets.
« on: December 26, 2022, 04:59:42 PM »
Linnets take all 3 points in the Boxing Day clash away to Boston.

Now onto New Year’s Day.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Golden Linnets
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 05:01:33 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman"  that’s 3 points coming home to Norfolk that were badly needed, great away following and our first 3 points away from home for a long time, COYL onwards and upwards. Now hopefully 3 more points at home on New Year’s Day. :farmer: :oldman"
Today’s results see the Linnets climb back up to 4 in the league, with games in hand.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
Re: First round to the Linnets.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 07:43:34 PM »
Some huge results for Lynn at the top of the table today. Darlo lost, Brackley drew, Chester drew. AFC Fylde the form team beaten at home.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 08:44:15 PM »
All those fixtures today reverse NYD.  So Brackley, Fylde and Darlo travel to the teams who took points off them today.   We just need to make sure we do our job at The Walks
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 11:43:50 AM »
Judged on the points won then yes, the gambles paid off collectively but looking at them individually some worked better than others (not sure how many of these were gambles but my view on the changes)
 *  McFadden had a good game although still more hesitation in his game since his return from that long lay off with minutes probably being the only thing that will fix that, as ever heart and desire more than made up for it in most situations.
 *  Charles deserved his chance to start but didn't really take that opportunity and looked isolated at times
 *  Two man midfield to accommodate a front three was a gamble on Theo's fitness and having looked off the pace no surprise to see him go off early.  As important a player as he is we can't keep bringing him back early and rise a much longer term injury
 *  Stephens played well but the not much link up between the front three so certainly no more than the sum of their parts but with Barrett and Stephens wanting to come in and be more than just 'out wide' that will be a bit hit and miss early on

Other talking points - any news why Hargreaves wasn't in the squad, certainly missed.  I like Gold as sub as we are more rounded without him but coming on as a sub does give us a different look.  OC looked better but isn't a natural fit for our normal style but when we go a bit more direct he fits in better

All in all a good three points and felt much more like a derby second half, ref even looked more up for it after the break with four bookings (two each) all for fouls that he had let go in the first half.  Might be one or two 'scores' to be settled in the return come New Years Day

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 12:16:38 PM »

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 12:30:09 PM »
https://youtu.be/WrU1_m3u7Ic

Thx Jesus.

Very good!

Looks as if we had a number of narrow escapes there.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 11:42:47 AM »
I think we gave Boston to much time on the ball. We dont seem to press as much as we used to. If there finishing had been better we may have come away with nothing. Lets get on the front foot straight away on Nyd.   Come on!!!   

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 03:36:07 PM »
Great result, as we’re all the others!  A positive line-up at last away from home, and it paid off.  Admittedly we survived several Boston attempts, so need to keep them on the back foot NYD.  Strong position we are in, but no room for complacency…..

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 03:36:47 PM »
Think Poticelli was very key to the high press TW adopted.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal