Author Topic: Leon Mettam  (Read 5589 times)

Mick

• View Profile
Leon Mettam
« on: June 07, 2016, 07:44:18 PM »
Leon Mettam has signed. In my eyes the most exciting signing we've made in years. That SHOULD bring the fans back.

http://www.kltown.co.uk/2016/06/07/mettam-puts-pen-to-paper/

rod

• View Profile
Re: Leon Mettam
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 08:02:11 PM »
Leon Mettam what a brilliant signing is that I can hardly believe it well done Setch ,what a forward line we have for next season and throw in Lee Stevo what a forward line we will have can't wait for the season to start

David Button

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:59:56 PM »
Straight in with your twenty goals a season man. Anyone who has seen him play for and against us will be very impressed.

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
Any news about Conor Marshall who spent most of last season out Injured?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Keyr1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »
november rumoured to be back with us

JJF182

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »
Any news about Conor Marshall who spent most of last season out Injured?

The question was asked - seems like he is back in training (or will be soon enough) and will be in recovery up until xmas and we should see him in the new year.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 05:12:15 AM »
Just a thought we have signed Leon Mettam and knowing how much he wanted to sign last season Iam thinking that Setch has been given as been given a bigger budget

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 06:09:57 AM »
If my memory serves me right, Leon played his few games for us 2014-2015 just after George T left and Lynn went into bit of a freefall. He was one of the few positives during that time. Other Southern League teams must now look at our forward line and fear us. Barcelona of the east!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 08:05:25 AM »
Great Capture from Setch.  As the song goes what a difference a day names, or in this case a few short weeks.  I remember when we had Mettam on loan ( only paying part of his wages) Setch said no way could we afford his wages to sign him full time. 

Looks Like Setch now has a Chairman who will support the playing side of the Club.  Should make his job a whole lot easier.

Target Promotion looks well on course.   

Looking at the squad at the moment we seem to have decent cover middle of the park and up top, but look to have only 4 recognised defenders.   I see Richard Jones is leaving Boston, didnt Setch try to get to The Walks before ?   

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 09:38:53 AM »
Last season our biggest problem was scoring goals, we now have two proven 20+ a season strikers in the squad, backed up by our top scorer from last season (Stevo) and a recognised winger (McAvoy).

Requiring a midfield general was mentioned, question is where would you put them? With Clunan/Stevo in the middle of the park and Marshall still to come back (I would assume Mills will fill his role until fit). Apart from one more central defender, it looks like we are more or less there.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »
What impressed me most about Mettam when he was with us for those few games on loan was his positive attitude which stood out in an underperforming team............Aside from his goals I think he will be a major influence both in the team and around the club.

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 04:07:24 PM »
I think with this "strike force" within the squad this must give the lads & Management a huge injection of positivity for the start of the season. If they gel quickly and the strikers get the right service then with some good luck thrown in we may have a good season to look forward too.

Well done Setch...Can't wait until the season starts :scarf:

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 05:17:17 PM »
What impressed me most about Mettam when he was with us for those few games on loan was his positive attitude which stood out in an underperforming team............Aside from his goals I think he will be a major influence both in the team and around the club.

Yes, I remember after one defeat at home he looked one of the most upset and disappointed out of the players going off the pitch.

He was also a key part of the Corby team that won this league in 2009.