Author Topic: Lynn News buy YLP.  (Read 2033 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile

First they fascinate the fools, then they attempt to gag the intelligent.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
Re: Lynn News buy YLP.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 08:09:29 PM »
Wow, didn't see that coming

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »
I haven't bought the Lynn News for years, nothing like it was and expensive.  I always pick up a copy of the YLP when in Lynn. I may have picked up my last free one on Friday.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 08:14:08 PM »
From a very good source. The YLP will continue to be available and free.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 08:46:50 PM »
From a very good source. The YLP will continue to be available and free.

My understanding is that "for the time being" should be added into that.

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 10:00:19 AM »
Gordon you really slipped up there mate I always thought you
were always in the know I think that will be good for the town.
Good result last but it must have been a battle as I could not
attend last night due to illness I'm afraid, had to win to follow up
to that great win on Sat.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 10:34:15 AM »
Not a great game but sometimes you have to 'win ugly'.. I thought that Bradford probably caught us a bit by surprise as they certainly didn't sit back and defend in depth. In fact for much of the game i thought that they were more 'on the front foot' than we were. A poor referee who seemed determined to indulge Bradford's very obvious time wasting tactics.

Another 3 points!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 12:15:08 PM »
I haven't bought the Lynn News for years, nothing like it was and expensive.  I always pick up a copy of the YLP when in Lynn. I may have picked up my last free one on Friday.

I haven't purchased a paper copy of LN's or any other paper for a number of years now. I do subscribe on line to a couple of them, and this is where Lynn News have succeeded where other local publications haven't. They have a massive on line following compared to others and it seems to me that this is where most of their efforts go these days (like many, but not all other).

Although it may be nice to sit in a chair, coffee in hand, reading a paper copy of a paper, the cost and having to go out and buy one makes the internet based version more appealing to me these days.

"Iliffe owner Edward Iliffe said: ďAs an industry we continue to evolve and Iliffe Media will also need to adapt the ways in which we continue to serve content in each of our markets. Whilst print audiences have declined during recent years, our overall audience reach has never been greater".

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 04:39:07 PM »
I began my journalistic career on the Lynn News in the days when Doug Child was the Linnets reporter and Sports Editor. I would be interested to hear what forum members think of the Lynn News coverage of Lynn FC and also the YLP coverage.
The EDP appear to be a bit hit and miss at times - it seems to depend on whether Chris Lakey is on duty. Norwich City are obviously the football priority, although Lynn do get a few extra column inches when Mr Cleeve has his say.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 05:09:47 PM »
I began my journalistic career on the Lynn News in the days when Doug Child was the Linnets reporter and Sports Editor. I would be interested to hear what forum members think of the Lynn News coverage of Lynn FC and also the YLP coverage.
The EDP appear to be a bit hit and miss at times - it seems to depend on whether Chris Lakey is on duty. Norwich City are obviously the football priority, although Lynn do get a few extra column inches when Mr Cleeve has his say.

With regards to the two local papers,  although its not solely down to this, one has a professional journalist working for them and the other a very enthusiastic sports fan. I'd therefore expect the Lynn News to offer the better coverage of the two.

They also have a far better on line offering and following, meaning I don't have to rely on Facebook posts or Twitter (the latter I don't bother with at all).

Between the two, I can find out enough about the Linnets, so I don't bother with the Norwich paper.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 05:18:12 PM »
Norwich paper seems to use KLFC as a fill in when there is a Ďdry dayí from Colney.  Canít be easy for Lakey  covering it from a distance.   Not even sure if he travels any further than KL to cover games.  Maybe doesnít have the budget to work with ?   As for the Chairmanís column it can be good entertainment at times but has to be read very much tongue in cheek surely ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what itís all about ?

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2023, 06:11:14 PM »
I rely on the twitter feed but am narked about having to constantly refresh to get updates,bring back the old system or something like it.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2023, 07:00:46 PM »
Gordon you really slipped up there mate I always thought you
were always in the know.

Maybe he should start drinking in The Bankhouse on a Sunday lunch time.  :laughcry:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal