Author Topic: Mark & Hugo Interview (Thursday - Today) pre Kettering  (Read 727 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Mark & Hugo Interview (Thursday - Today) pre Kettering
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 11:28:43 AM »
We’ve played KTFC twice so far, lost 1-0 and won 6-1.  Good luck to the new guys.  They said in their interview that the 6-1 win was a “reaction” to the previous week’s defeat, but I just hope they compare the line-ups for the two games, as the Dillathon calculates that the difference in line-up selection gives a bit of a clue that it wasn’t merely a “reaction” that produced the sharp improvement.  Good luck to all for today’s match.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 11:55:59 AM »
We’ve played KTFC twice so far, lost 1-0 and won 6-1.  Good luck to the new guys.  They said in their interview that the 6-1 win was a “reaction” to the previous week’s defeat, but I just hope they compare the line-ups for the two games, as the Dillathon calculates that the difference in line-up selection gives a bit of a clue that it wasn’t merely a “reaction” that produced the sharp improvement.  Good luck to all for today’s match.

Maybe they could also nobble the Kettering keeper who had to go off at half time in the 6-1 victory?  To be fair even allowing for their keeper's injury, Kettering that day were by far and away the worst side to visit the Walks this season but can't imagine they will be that bad again.  Fingers crossed we start similar lineups to the last two games which allows us to impose our game on the opposition rather than having to claw our way back into the game having conceded the midfield and just whacked the ball long

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »
Agree on your last point about lumping it long, TonyM, but I don’t think the Chorley performance had a line-up that did any more than could be expected - keep ‘em out for 45 minutes!  But again, there was a distinctly more attacking line-up in the 6-1 vs KTFC than in the 1-0 defeat, which made a predictable difference to performance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal