Author Topic: Dereham Today  (Read 5823 times)

Bluescottie

• View Profile
Dereham Today
« on: July 09, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »
After all this rain does anyone know if the game is still on?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Dereham Today
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
1430 here and dry. Pitch is green and grass is a tad ge long.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »
So it's down to you for friendlies and away games then Mike. Many thanks, as I doubt whether I'll will be able to get back to Lynn for many (if any) more games. It's great to know what's going on from down here in sunny Somerset.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 03:24:04 PM »
I am getting no reports on front page from Dereham,no team news or progress reports??.Anyone else having same trouble?.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 03:26:38 PM »
No one seems to be tweeting . . . perhaps westlynnmike might oblige?

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 03:28:35 PM »
thanks admin

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »
Good start looks as though we lost 3-1 :laughcry: :laughcry:

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
Wack have a look at the fixtures and results. 3-1  :scarf:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »
Dereham 1 Lynn 4. Scorers Clunan (pen) in first half and Hilliard, Stevo & Edge in the second. Good run out and a couple of decent performances for first run out

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 06:19:01 PM »
jackdaw,just having a smile as that is where I got it from.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 06:48:23 PM »
Can anyone who was there today please educate me on some lads in the team. I recognised the first teamers plus Quigs, Leon and the young right-back but who who was the 1st half left back who is bit of a unit, the 2nd half midfielder with the Alice band and highlights and the lad with the beard who played in defence.

Keyr1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »
Correct me if wrong but was the left back Bird? him and the the other left back weere from the reserves from last year I think, not sure of name of the second one with the bear, but were both very handy in my eyes. The one in the second hand had some steel about him and a good challenge too which we have missed a lot recently.

Alice band with highlights was the other Clunan brother - Alex.

All in all, an okay-ish performance and nice to see Quig back. His passing was woeful this afternoon but i will put it down to rustyness.

It was what it was meant to be, a run out. I do have question marks in my head with Gaughran in there as I don't feel is he good enough for this level still but I'm happy to wait til the season starts before panicking. This season with Kern Miller still in there and I would have said top 3 easily

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 07:33:43 PM »
No one seems to be tweeting . . . perhaps westlynnmike might oblige?

Had a look for the Live Feed just before KO - nothing there so didn't bother.

I do not do Twitter, Tweet, Cheep, Chatter, Cluck etc.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 08:06:35 PM »
Thanks, I didn't put it on the home page until I realised there was someone around who could do updates.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »
Correct me if wrong but was the left back Bird? him and the the other left back weere from the reserves from last year I think, not sure of name of the second one with the bear, but were both very handy in my eyes. The one in the second hand had some steel about him and a good challenge too which we have missed a lot recently.

Alice band with highlights was the other Clunan brother - Alex.

All in all, an okay-ish performance and nice to see Quig back. His passing was woeful this afternoon but i will put it down to rustyness.

It was what it was meant to be, a run out. I do have question marks in my head with Gaughran in there as I don't feel is he good enough for this level still but I'm happy to wait til the season starts before panicking. This season with Kern Miller still in there and I would have said top 3 easily
Thanks for that. Just been on the Facebook page and they have named the big left back as McAvoy and like you I would be happy with Kern back for the season.